Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tough crowd here

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Great job on the website, too -- it's 9:54 and every score on the scoreboard link is 0-0.

Other than Matt's weekly previews, there's literally nothing of value coming from DCTF.
    The website scoreboard is an API feed from the app so when the app crashed the scoreboard didnt update until I got home from my game and manually updated it myself....and I'm glad a lot of people disagree with your take on whats coming from DCTF or I wouldnt have a job lol

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    The website scoreboard is an API feed from the app so when the app crashed the scoreboard didnt update until I got home from my game and manually updated it myself....and I'm glad a lot of people disagree with your take on whats coming from DCTF or I wouldnt have a job lol
    I don’t think anyone can argue that DCTF has bad content, it doesn’t. They just are extremely lacking on the technical side. The website has been bad for years, and they ruined a great app. Higher new developer with the same about of talent as the writers and things will improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All-District
    Blog Entries

App not working tonight for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    App not working tonight for me.
    same

Ditto
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Junior Varsity

Default Week 1 Game Cancelations/Reschedules

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    same
    Same here. App wasn’t prepared, and neither were their servers lmao. Loyal employee Matt will have a great explanation tho

All-District
    Blog Entries

When the old Fox Friday Football got going the Downlow started dieing a slow death. With the new App not working was thankful for the scores posted on the Downlow. I like the Friday night for live scores and the DL for it's civilized chat and discussion. Don't let the DL become a BS slander site like the old FN app was.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by 10ForTheWin View Post
    Same here. App wasn’t prepared, and neither were their servers lmao. Loyal employee Matt will have a great explanation tho

He has for sure made a habit of telling fans they should be content with less because they are spoiled and lucky...

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    When the old Fox Friday Football got going the Downlow started dieing a slow death. With the new App not working was thankful for the scores posted on the Downlow. I like the Friday night for live scores and the DL for it's civilized chat and discussion. Don't let the DL become a BS slander site like the old FN app was.
    Are you 100? That app was fun this site is not as fun... now neither are fun and DCTF is fully profit driven as they virtue signal about how great they are for the kids...

I wonder if the updates mentioned by Matt are BS as well, im starting to think that may be the case.
    Last edited by SaltySixes; 08-28-2021 at 08:43 AM.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    If there was a test for andriod I never got it...so there's that....and we absolutely prioritized our content front and center...we bought the app...of course we'd do that!! LOL

We'll get the user experience and functionality part worked out....
    Does that mean DCTF will make it just functional enough? (Rn it straight up didn't work on gameday) Yall seriously need to make strides soon or the great advertisement opportunity that you think the app was will dry up fast... so many people are simply giving up on it because once again we were given a cruddy product and told to be happy about it by the always irritable golden boy...

The door is officially wide open for someone to make a different much better alternative and honestly 1 tech savvy dude could do a better job than your pos developers... total disgrace

This nonprofitable fan site is 100x better just think about that...
    Last edited by SaltySixes; 08-28-2021 at 08:45 AM.

All-American

I was really hopeful at first. I thought DCTF’s acknowledgement that they screwed up and plan to improve would help ease the frustration of this transition. But man, it’s worse than I thought it was. Last night just showed, it’s time to shudder the doors of this app. It’s hard to imagine a worse rollout for any app or platform. It’s not just some hiccups and miscues. It’s an absolute dumpster fire. I don’t even know that the bones of the app are any good. I would imagine — and hope — there is some ass chewing going on at DCTF behind the scenes, because this was real bad. Bad enough to knock them down a tier or two of respectability if they don’t right the ship and do it quickly. And like Salty said, a vacuum has suddenly formed where there wasn’t one the past few seasons. And if any developer can get an app similar to the old one, people will jump ship on DCTF quickly.

Best thing DCTF could do right now is admit how colossally they f’d up in the name of their brand, and roll out the app as it was before. That’s literally what every paying customer is clamoring for. If the DCTF group ignores that for the sake of “change” then they’re gonna lose a good deal of folks.
    Texas Forever.

I need a BBDE crying baby meme right now

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I need a BBDE crying baby meme right now
    Sorry for using a football forum to talk about a football app.....I was way out of line...