Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post
    So they bought the code and decided to start over anyway?.... It looks like they trusted the wrong someone to do it lol... what I really want to know is if you knew what is was going to look like, then how could you get on the old version and start saying things like "most people don't like change at first"? Did you expect anyone to like this or was that just completely hot air?
    I am not a developer and I never got to test it because there was no test for android users...so yesterday was my first look at it myself....I like the new format...it integrates our DCTF content on there and once the functionality gets worked out IMO it'll look much cleaner....but there's going to be some people that always hate it and thats ok...it is what it is

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    two requests:
    add a 'remember me' button so i don't have to log in every time i open the dang thing...
    bring back the 'games near me' so i can look at games near me without having to flip through all of the classifications...
    Both are logged as issues w/the developers

What app is this i normally just follow up on scores through twitter while I'm at a game. Link?

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Both are logged as issues w/the developers
    nice. thanks.

Junior Varsity

I am not a developer and I never got to test it because there was no test for android users...so yesterday was my first look at it myself....I like the new format...it integrates our DCTF content on there and once the functionality gets worked out IMO it'll look much cleaner....but there's going to be some people that always hate it and thats ok...it is what it is
    “No Test for Android” and a statement made in earlier post along the lines of ‘Apple and Google didn’t give approval fast enough for testing’ is a crock of sh*t. As someone who has actually work directly in the development and rollout of an app for both Apple and Android, your app is always available privately for testing, without it having to be approve for the public store. What this boiled down to was Dave Campbell’s prioritized having their content and advertising front and center. User experience and usability came second. I’m all for ad revenue and prioritizing content, but you have to have a solid foundation and a user friendly application first. You also have to keep the apps main focus front and center (Scores, Forums, socialization). They didn’t “Upgrade the App” they turned the app into a Dave Campbells content consumption app w/ a slapped together scoring and forum section.

Quite honestly if this was a bigger sports media company who bought out an app with such a large following, and botched the update this badly. Someone would be losing their job or contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by 10ForTheWin View Post
    “No Test for Android” and a statement made in earlier post along the lines of ‘Apple and Google didn’t give approval fast enough for testing’ is a crock of sh*t. As someone who has actually work directly in the development and rollout of an app for both Apple and Android, your app is always available privately for testing, without it having to be approve for the public store. What this boiled down to was Dave Campbell’s prioritized having their content and advertising front and center. User experience and usability came second. I’m all for ad revenue and prioritizing content, but you have to have a solid foundation and a user friendly application first. You also have to keep the apps main focus front and center (Scores, Forums, socialization). They didn’t “Upgrade the App” they turned the app into a Dave Campbells content consumption app w/ a slapped together scoring and forum section.

Quite honestly if this was a bigger sports media company who bought out an app with such a large following, and botched the update this badly. Someone would be losing their job or contract.

All this above being said, a crappy app is better than no app. So I’m still gonna use it, I’m just gonna bitch a little bit

All-American

If there was a test for andriod I never got it...so there's that....and we absolutely prioritized our content front and center...we bought the app...of course we'd do that!! LOL

We'll get the user experience and functionality part worked out....

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    It is ass, my dude.
    Tate Martell would be proud

I’m having trouble creating an account on the Texas football app. Says email is invalid

All-District

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I’m having trouble creating an account on the Texas football app. Says email is invalid
    send an email to app@texasfootball.com

Junior Varsity

If there was a test for andriod I never got it...so there's that....and we absolutely prioritized our content front and center...we bought the app...of course we'd do that!! LOL

We'll get the user experience and functionality part worked out....
    There’s the problem prioritize usability first, then content. Bring the people in first, then rollout extra content down the line. That way you already have an established user base that use the app constantly.

All-District

There’s the problem prioritize usability first, then content. Bring the people in first, then rollout extra content down the line. That way you already have an established user base that use the app constantly.

They don't even seem to be rolling out extra content. Everything I see is what I've already read on TexasFootball.com.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    They don't even seem to be rolling out extra content. Everything I see is what I've already read on TexasFootball.com.
    and what better way to market that content than to use the app you bought!

All-District

Great job on the website, too -- it's 9:54 and every score on the scoreboard link is 0-0.

Other than Matt's weekly previews, there's literally nothing of value coming from DCTF.