Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dave Campbell Texas Football 4a DII Top 10 Preseason

All-American

Sinton has the athletes to make a long play-off run. Hopefully they stay fairly healthy and focused to see it through.

All-American

These rankings look about right. I probably would have had China Spring a touch higher, and actually would have had Sinton in the No. 4-5 range. I think the Pirates can for sure make some noise in Region IV. I also would have had Navarro in the top 10. I think they bring back the house, and they had a solid squad a year ago.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    These rankings look about right. I probably would have had China Spring a touch higher, and actually would have had Sinton in the No. 4-5 range. I think the Pirates can for sure make some noise in Region IV. I also would have had Navarro in the top 10. I think they bring back the house, and they had a solid squad a year ago.
    Navarro lost a ton...only nine lettermen return 3 offensive and 2 defensive starters back

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Navarro lost a ton...only nine lettermen return 3 offensive and 2 defensive starters back
    My mistake. I was thinking they brought back more than that. I bet they’ll be just outside top 10 though. Decent program that tends to rebuild now.

I also look for Aubrey to crack the top 10 a few weeks in, most likely. They bring back some good seniors (juniors last season), and they’ll be quick and athletic.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    My mistake. I was thinking they brought back more than that. I bet they’ll be just outside top 10 though. Decent program that tends to rebuild now.

I also look for Aubrey to crack the top 10 a few weeks in, most likely. They bring back some good seniors (juniors last season), and they’ll be quick and athletic.
    Aubrey will neatly fill in Celina's void in North Texas D-II after the Bobcats boogie to D-I (and higher) in future years. These are not your father's Chaps. They will kick your butt.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Twirling Time View Post
    Aubrey will neatly fill in Celina's void in North Texas D-II after the Bobcats boogie to D-I (and higher) in future years. These are not your father's Chaps. They will kick your butt.
    I was really impressed with Aubrey last year. They were quick, athletic, hard-hitting and disciplined ... basically the antithesis of what Aubrey has been, historically speaking. If they continue that trend, they will have some nice years ahead of them, and I bet they'll treat fans and their community to a deep December run at some point in the future.
    Texas Forever.

Celina is much better then the pollsters think.
    Go Steers!

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    Celina is much better then the pollsters think.
    I will check out one of their games this season.

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    I will check out one of their games this season.
    last season they were young had to learn on the fly. By the time they met up with a very salty Graham team at the Region 1 Finals. They damn near pulled out a win. the only thing that saved Graham was we had a College level Place kicker. He had to boot a 45 yarder to win it at the end of the game
    Go Steers!

All-American

I think Celina is right where they should be...a case could be made to put them up at 5 but not sure they can realistically at this point be placed higher

All-American

I think you’re both right, actually. I’m fine with where Celina is ranked, given their record last season, and if I were a pollster, that’s about where I’d put them. But brian is also right in his assessment of the Bobcats. With a few additions they’ve gotten, and the growth and maturity they showed last year, they’ll be drastically better in 2021. It’ll all sort itself out in the end, and I fully expect Celina to be in Arlington come December. And if the Bobcats don’t like where they’re ranked, they’ve got a great chance to change that in the first three weeks of the season, as they’ll take on the Div. I No. 3, No. 7 and No. 1 teams (Melissa, Paris, Argyle).

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Usual suspects. Hoping Cuero gets back in the swing of things this year...

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

What are the prospects for Cuero this year? Back on the up-and-up? Still rebuilding?

All-American

This is the season China Spring fans have been looking forward to. Offensive skill positions are very good, defense should be outstanding and throw in the son of the new athletic director who was the QB at Round Rock Cedar Ridge, this is the year!