Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    This is the season China Spring fans have been looking forward to. Offensive skill positions are very good, defense should be outstanding and throw in the son of the new athletic director who was the QB at Round Rock Cedar Ridge, this is the year!
    Can’t wait to see that! Maybe they’ll have the horses to take down Carthage. Maybe Celina will have the horses to take down Gilmer. And we can have a 2007 throwback title game.

Starter

No argument from me on the top 10 list as Carthage is just the King in 4A as they have dominated both divisions I think and have blown out most teams they have played in the State Finals . I just do not see any weakness to that program as they have no problems finding talent to when it comes to QB replacement and Running Backs. They are to me the Aledo of Class 4A . Gilmer is again a Champion Contender , unfortunately they just like all of us will have to beat Carthage to claim that Championship Title and I just do not see Carthage releasing their grip on the state Title . Celina should be fun to watch , but I think they have a brutal schedule and could very well be a 1-3 team in the early season and yet still be one of the better teams in DII . With such a tough schedule I am always concerned about injuries , but wishing the Bobcats the best and hope for a season to remember . Thanks everyone and try to stay as cool as the good lord will allow . Freaking humidity hot down here in the Austin area and the mosquitos are biting!

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    What are the prospects for Cuero this year? Back on the up-and-up? Still rebuilding?
    I am so out of the loop now (youngest son is now 33 lol) I do know we lost approx 80% of our coaches but heard we've reloaded on that front. Coach Alvarez came here at the worst possible time - the week the country shut down for Covid in late March, 2020. He didn't even meet most of the players until 2 a days... Last season, the team improved. Think we've got the QB position and WR and RB figured out. Cuero has been noted for good O and D Lines of late. Anxious to see what the 2021 season brings. The summer programs are in full swing with full attendance, so that's good.

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Can’t wait to see that! Maybe they’ll have the horses to take down Carthage. Maybe Celina will have the horses to take down Gilmer. And we can have a 2007 throwback title game.
    Just with a better ending!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    Just with a better ending!
    Exactly! I'd love to see Celina win a bit more comfortably this time! Although that half-back toss sweep, crazy scramble, big-time clutch pass from our little running back sure was exciting.
    Texas Forever.

Well i already book my stay in Arlington to see Sinton play in the state title game so.......... who are they facing

Maybe I need to send you my contact info, just in case.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District

The Carthage Dawgs return nearly everyone on defense. The starters allowed 4.5 points a game. All three D linemen are back, all three linebackers are back and both cornerbacks. Number 20 and 80 played in every game and not as back ups. I believe this could be a record setting defense for the Dawgs.
    The 6ft 4 215 lb. Junior QB has got a cannon. In seven on seven against 5A Marshall and Shreveport La, Evangle
    He was very impressive. 35 to 0 and 35 to 7 were the scores.
    QB with three returning wide receivers and good running backs won’t be a problem.
    The Dawgs will have to replace a great tight end and four O linemen.
    But Carthage is known for producing very good O linemen.
    I believe Gilmer will face Celina in the semifinals.
    I believe the Dawgs will return to defend their title.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    The Carthage Dawgs return nearly everyone on defense. The starters allowed 4.5 points a game. All three D linemen are back, all three linebackers are back and both cornerbacks. Number 20 and 80 played in every game and not as back ups. I believe this could be a record setting defense for the Dawgs.
    The 6ft 4 215 lb. Junior QB has got a cannon. In seven on seven against 5A Marshall and Shreveport La, Evangle
    He was very impressive. 35 to 0 and 35 to 7 were the scores.
    QB with three returning wide receivers and good running backs won’t be a problem.
    The Dawgs will have to replace a great tight end and four O linemen.
    But Carthage is known for producing very good O linemen.
    I believe Gilmer will face Celina in the semifinals.
    I believe the Dawgs will return to defend their title.
    C&C, which of the two QBs from the state 7-on-7 tourney is expected to be the starter? They both looked pretty good in my opinion, though neither of them looked remotely close to 6’4 … live-stream must have skewed the view.