Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    All-American

LOL well lets see Van is now 6-0 and owns a win over Lindale who just beat Tyler Chapel Hill...and they beat Liberty-Eyalu on the road which is a solid win....I think the win over Malakoff is solid as well..their 3 losses are to Grandview, private school powerhouse Parish Episcopal (who almost beat LBJ) and Van...

Bellville has destroyed everyone they've played this year...yes the schedule isn't great but they've done what is expected against top teams....

Wimberley before the loss to Alamo Heights honestly didnt have a super strong resume...Canyon Lake and Fredericksburg are decent D1 teams but I dont think either is a top ranked team..if anything Wimberley was getting a respect ranking before the Alamo Heights loss

The main reason Wimberley dropped after beating Fred was Navarro's win over Cuero...Navarro was unranked and had to vault Cuero who by default vaulted Wimberley...
    Last edited by Matthew328; 10-05-2021 at 07:31 PM.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    Same argument could be made with Bellville and they're what 6? Luckily Texas HSF has a bracket playoff system so rankings at the end of the day are pointless (tho funny), unlike the current college system.
    The argument for Bellville over Caddo Mills is I think Bellville is flat out better....Padilla has Bellville as 15 point favorite over Caddo and Jerry has Bellville as a 17 point favorite over Caddo Mills so I think my eye test combined with both major computer rankings makes that plausible
    By the way I do the the 4A rankings and Tepper and co review and make any changes suggestions they see fit...

I think in D2 they've been pretty solid rankings...D1 up until last week was super chalky as well

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    LOL well lets see Van is now 6-0 and owns a win over Lindale who just beat Tyler Chapel Hill...and they beat Liberty-Eyalu on the road which is a solid win....I think the win over Malakoff is solid as well..their 3 losses are to Grandview, private school powerhouse Parish Episcopal (who almost beat LBJ) and Van...

Bellville has destroyed everyone they've played this year...yes the schedule isn't great but they've done what is expected against top teams....

Wimberley before the loss to Alamo Heights honestly didnt have a super strong resume...Canyon Lake and Fredericksburg are decent D1 teams but I dont think either is a top ranked team..if anything Wimberley was getting a respect ranking before the Alamo Heights loss

The main reason Wimberley dropped after beating Fred was Navarro's win over Cuero...Navarro was unranked and had to vault Cuero who by default vaulted Wimberley...

Come on now. Chapel Hill has not been the same Chapel Hill for almost a decade. Maybe they are on the upward trend now. Malakof, Liberty Eyalu, ok..lol Alamo Heights, top 10 in 5A DII. Much respect was earned in that game in and around these parts. We shall see.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Come on now. Chapel Hill has not been the same Chapel Hill for almost a decade. Maybe they are on the upward trend now. Malakof, Liberty Eyalu, ok..lol Alamo Heights, top 10 in 5A DII. Much respect was earned in that game in and around these parts. We shall see.
    Tyler Chapel Hill was a 3rd round playoff team last year and brought back the house...they are absolutely legit and even with the loss to Lindale still rated highly in the D1 computer rankings.....Liberty-Eylau is definitely on the rise as well after totally turning things around a year ago Malakoff is a 3A but they are a legit 3A w/o question.

Alamo Heights is a solid team but lets not act like beating Boerne by 4, a BAD Churchill team (0-5 right now) by 8 or Central Catholic by 15 is that convincing a resume either....

I will say the computer rankings do favor Wimberley over Van so there's that....*********** (which we use at DCTF) has Wimberley as a 7 point favorite over Van on a neutral field.....Padilla has Wimberley as a 2 point favorite....so slight lean to the Texans there...

If Lindale gets things rolling Van will probably leapfrog Wimberley in the computer polls however....just depends on how those games play out

It's all about how these things play out. Was not I that ranks Alamo at #10. The 7 pts is what stands out for myself. By far the best (and biggest) team we have faced thus far. Maybe that lessens our standing as well in your eyes. Our issue of late is scoring points. Moving the ball but little to show for it. Once the QB situation is finally settled on, the Texans as a team will settle in as well.

All-American

I actually thought Alamo Heights was too high myself at 10 but I got out-voted there..there's a serious lack of depth in 5A-D2 after the top five and after Champion got humbled by El Campo it opened up a spot....the loss to Alamo Heights did lessen Wimberley in my eyes more than the loss to Cuero honestly (the computers are split one has Cuero over AH by 3; the other has AH over Cuero by 4)

The thing about Wimberley is they may take major steps forward in the next few weeks but we'll have no gauge on how much improvement is made except for the Navarro game because the district is so bad

Van has a pretty soft district as well and I'll be surprised if they aren't 12-0 facing Gilmer in the regional semifinals

Just hold this to thought. Wimberley has a dozen or more players from the 2019 state championship game in addition to the deep run last year. Each team ended 12-4. It was not about the losses along way. Undefeated sells... I get that, Wimberley has two of those...Go Texans!

Texans take on San Antonio's YMLA Lions (Young Men's Leadership Academy) on Friday to begin district play. This will be at Alamo Stadium. Game time 7:30.

7:00 start time. My bad for going by another sites' start time. Go Texans!

77-7 final. Great omen!

Matt...come talk to me.

All-District

Matt...come talk to me.
    Why? For doing what the Texans should have done or giving up a TD to YMLA?

Not that this is your conversation, but it has nothing to do with the Wimberley game. Thanks for keeping up with my posts. Much appreciated.

All-American

I'm here...don't get on the forums Thur-Sat much since I'm at games and traveling

Chapel Hill is still legit IMO but I'll admit Lindale beating them loses shine therefore Van's win over Lindale is lessened...

All-District

77-7 final. Great omen!
    Just thankful that we didn't get caught looking ahead to Manor New Tech!

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Just thankful that we didn't get caught looking ahead to Manor New Tech!
    One game at a T I M E...