Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Wimberley at Canyon Lake
    Friday 7:30

Battle of the Back Bone once again to get the season started. Looks to be be another highly contested, down to wire sort of game. I know it's early but very eager to see just how well this Wimberley team will mesh.

A little CL pre-game:

https://hilltopresporter.com/2021/08...rley-cl-hawks/
    That dude always manages to do the seemingly impossible -- he makes me appreciate the quality of writing in the Wimberley View.

What's our QB situation?

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    That dude always manages to do the seemingly impossible -- he makes me appreciate the quality of writing in the Wimberley View.

What's our QB situation?

Ross is out for tonight. No surgery needed type injury. The sophomore will start. At least that's the rumor.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District

Ross is out for tonight. No surgery needed type injury. The sophomore will start. At least that's the rumor.
    Bruised pride?

Maybe...strained ligament is the word. lol Cash looking pretty solid thus far. Wipe open TD pass drop tonight. Kind of reminds me of 2011 SC game with Blakemore but he made up for it big time later in the game.

All-District

20-3 Wimberely

Way too many penalties and bad snaps, but overall, I thought it was a really good performance for game 1. McCollum looked really good. Defense was nails. #11 is a great freaking football player. Here's about as big of a compliment as I can give -- #7 reminds me of Kolby Kelley. He just road-graded as a blocking back in the second half and was a beast on defense. Looks like we have a better kicking game than we've had in years, assuming we can get snaps straightened out.

If the old adage that a team improves most between G1 and G2 is true, Cuero is in trouble next week.

Wow....check that spelling..lol. must be the that hot beer syndrome...

All-District

Wow....check that spelling..lol. must be the that hot beer syndrome...
    Hey, at least I got the right number of e's! But it has more to do with indica and less to do with hot beer, to be honest.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Holding a slot-t to 66 yards and shutting down their passing game. Code Red is stout.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    Holding a slot-t to 66 yards and shutting down their passing game. Code Red is stout.
    Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but 99% of the time (yeah, talking to you, too, Navarro) what shuts down a wing/slot T's passing game is that their O-line just has no clue how to pass block. I started feeling sorry for CL's QB in the 4th quarter because he just had a sieve in front of him.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but 99% of the time (yeah, talking to you, too, Navarro) what shuts down a wing/slot T's passing game is that their O-line just has no clue how to pass block. I started feeling sorry for CL's QB in the 4th quarter because he just had a sieve in front of him.
    My independent study showed 67%.