Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Should have read "graduating" early.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Woah!! IMG, huh? That seems random, but good get for the Texans, maybe. Is he living up to IMG hype? And is the controversy over who’s better, or whether or not the team will play for the new guy?
    Texas Forever.

As far as any hype, I'd have to say no. It was mentioned that they (IMG) have a (B) team. Watching film, the guy loves to run. A lot. He is talented but my gut still says the sophomore will be the guy. It is a great option to have for the QB position, I will admit. Competition is always good (and it is definitely there) but give me the guy who has come up through the system. Scrimmages this week. Can't wait!

I guess I should mention it has become a tres QB race. JV QB from last year making some real noise.

All-American

Sounds like the Texans have a real good problem on their hands. Depending on who gets the starting job, are the other two players good enough athletes to be utilized elsewhere on the field for Wimberley?
    Texas Forever.

They will use the kid from IMG somewhere that is for sure. Elusive with good speed. As far as the sophomore, I still think he gets the nod at QB. Right now the receiving corp has some voids to fill but it looks like that is coming around. Look for a healthy rb Olmedo to get some work in the slot. Everyone knows we love to run a screen. He's a track guy as well.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    They will use the kid from IMG somewhere that is for sure. Elusive with good speed. As far as the sophomore, I still think he gets the nod at QB. Right now the receiving corp has some voids to fill but it looks like that is coming around. Look for a healthy rb Olmedo to get some work in the slot. Everyone knows we love to run a screen. He's a track guy as well.
    I assume the soph is Cooper's little brother?

And the IMG kid did not transfer here to not play QB. He'll transfer to Aledo if he doesn't start at QB here.

Ah, the prodigal child returns. If that is truly the case. The team doesn't need a diva. Aledo..really?

Just read where former Texan QB JoJo Weeks (UTSA) is entering the transfer portal. Best of luck to this talented young man.

Scrimmage tonight against LaVernia will be broadcast live on kwvh.org.

Well that sucks. Signing off before the live quarters.

In this scrimmage, the sophomore QB Cash McCollum did not disappoint.

Highlights of McCollum and company. LV scrimmage

https://t.co/qS6qY8EIKb?amp=1

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Highlights of McCollum and company. LV scrimmage

https://t.co/qS6qY8EIKb?amp=1
    Sure doesn't appear like any drop off from qb position!!! Big kids up front as usual for Texans.

Wimberley at Canyon Lake
    Friday 7:30

Battle of the Back Bone once again to get the season started. Looks to be be another highly contested, down to wire sort of game. I know it's early but very eager to see just how well this Wimberley team will mesh.

A little CL pre-game:

https://hilltopresporter.com/2021/08...rley-cl-hawks/