Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    All-District

I was trying to figure out who the playoff opponent would be, assuming we get by Achieve, and it looks like a mess.

Cuero is going to win D13, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if La Grange beats Smithville, which would likely leave LG, Smithville, and Navasota all tied at 3-2, and I have no idea who the tie-breakers would favor.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    I was trying to figure out who the playoff opponent would be, assuming we get by Achieve, and it looks like a mess.

Cuero is going to win D13, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if La Grange beats Smithville, which would likely leave LG, Smithville, and Navasota all tied at 3-2, and I have no idea who the tie-breakers would favor.
    It's a 17 net point system...basically if LaGrange or Giddings wins Friday it could get weird

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    It's a 17 net point system...basically if LaGrange or Giddings wins Friday it could get weird
    Do they use that to break a 3-way tie, then go to head-to-head for the two remaining teams? Or do you order all three teams by net points and rank them that way?

Lady Texans Volleyball defeat Sinton tonight 3-0 to take area. Congrats!
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District

I couldn't watch that. It was 21-0 when I turned it off, and we had run 4 offensive plays, and they had no plays for positive yardage.

We either get LaGrange or Navasota, depending on how that tie-break works.

Edit: Apparently LaGrange, according to AAS guy on twitter:

Cuero v. YMLA; Smithville v. New Tech; Navasota v. Ger. Navarro; La Grange v. Wimberley
    Last edited by rb585; 11-05-2021 at 10:30 PM.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    I couldn't watch that. It was 21-0 when I turned it off, and we had run 4 offensive plays, and they had no plays for positive yardage.

We either get LaGrange or Navasota, depending on how that tie-break works.

Edit: Apparently LaGrange, according to AAS guy on twitter:

Cuero v. YMLA; Smithville v. New Tech; Navasota v. Ger. Navarro; La Grange v. Wimberley
    It is a 3 way tie for 2nd in D13 so it goes to points: Smithville 2nd LG 3rd and Navasota 4th

Wimberley vs. Navasota. THURSDAY 7:30 in Bastrop.

All-American

Max Preps has LG 2nd playing @ Manor New Tech next Thur 7PM. I have no other confirmation on how this was decided or if it is correct. Stay tuned folks.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    Max Preps has LG 2nd playing @ Manor New Tech next Thur 7PM. I have no other confirmation on how this was decided or if it is correct. Stay tuned folks.
    OK Confirmed by Austin American Statesman article that has the story today of La Grange edging out Smithville for 2nd place in district on points with a td and 2 point conversion with 3 seconds left on clock. So for D13 its Cuero, LG, Smithville, and Navasota.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Wimberley vs. Navasota. THURSDAY 7:30 in Bastrop.
    Wimberley should win this one by three tds or so but Navasota is not your typical roll over 4th place team. Their QB can really sling the ball and he has a couple of tall fast receivers capable of getting clear deep. In other words they will score some points. It doesn't help that the Texans haven't played a competitive team in a few weeks either. This should be a good game but the Texans should roll away with it in the 2nd half.

5A Grapevine?

All-American

5A Grapevine?
    Yes you're correct I should have looked a little closer to your team's schedule! Pretty good strength when you drop out the two little fellas from your district. Like I say Texans win by 3 tds.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    Game time and place correction: Thursday 11/11 7:30 PM @ Taylor Stadium Taylor Manor New Tech vs La Grange according to DCTF

All-District
    Blog Entries

5A Grapevine?
    Grapevine beatdown Wyatt 86-6 last Friday. They mad? LOL

They should have been. lol