Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    lol...okay. Hey Matt, is Texan Live carrying the Grapevine game on such late notice? I know they are now showing the game on their line-up with a "7:30" start but....
    I believe so

Too late for the "Official" Dave Campbell predictions...who you got in this one?
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Too late for the "Official" Dave Campbell predictions...who you got in this one?
    No idea....too many variables on how the teams approach the game...a non-district game this late in the year is really dicey because you dont want to get anyone hurt or show too much before the playoffs....I lean to Wimberley because I think Grapevine is fairly average as a 5A-D2

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    Big game down in Cuero Friday, Smithville's a sleeper nobody talks about. Could shakeup the bottom right part of the bracket.
    I'm happy to see Smithville turning their program around, but they are not going to beat Cuero.

Once again, a shout out to the Wimberley Tennis team, headed to State after defeating Wills Point. They will face Argyle for the title. Go Texans!

All-American

Once again, a shout out to the Wimberley Tennis team, headed to State after defeating Wills Point. They will face Argyle for the title. Go Texans!
    thought Tennis was played in the spring. Was last year

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by sinfan75 View Post
    thought Tennis was played in the spring. Was last year

It is Team Tennis and played in the Fall. Spring is individual

All-District

delete

All-District

35-17 Texans after GHS scores two TDs late in 4th.

Grapevine not very good and not nearly as big as Alamo Heights. That might be as well as we've run the ball all season.

Olmeido played incredible on D. They couldn't hit #4 on the fly pattern to save their lives in the first half. McCollum knocked out of the game with a hurt knee (?). Looked kind of bad, but he was walking out on the handshake line with no noticeable limp or huge wrap.

Not a knee. Left arm? Check Maxpreps. A little over a minute into the Grapevine highlights. Hope he is okay.

Could not forget. Congrats to the Wimberley Team Tennis. State Champs by defeating Argyle!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Tyler Chapel Hill was a 3rd round playoff team last year and brought back the house...they are absolutely legit and even with the loss to Lindale still rated highly in the D1 computer rankings.....Liberty-Eylau is definitely on the rise as well after totally turning things around a year ago Malakoff is a 3A but they are a legit 3A w/o question.

Alamo Heights is a solid team but lets not act like beating Boerne by 4, a BAD Churchill team (0-5 right now) by 8 or Central Catholic by 15 is that convincing a resume either....

I will say the computer rankings do favor Wimberley over Van so there's that....*********** (which we use at DCTF) has Wimberley as a 7 point favorite over Van on a neutral field.....Padilla has Wimberley as a 2 point favorite....so slight lean to the Texans there...

If Lindale gets things rolling Van will probably leapfrog Wimberley in the computer polls however....just depends on how those games play out

Did I see that correctly? 54 pts given up by Van?

All-American

Did I see that correctly? 54 pts given up by Van?
    Yes. Van beat their big rival Canton, 55-54. Canton had a last-second field goal attempt hit off the upright.

With Celina having a bye week last week, and without too many big games that appealed to me, I actually watched this game (have cousins/distant relatives from Canton). It was pretty entertaining. Giving up 54 points is alarming, but I will say this, Canton has some good looking athletes and speed. If the Eagles can put a few things together, they could give their District 8 playoff opponent fits in the first round of the playoffs.

As for Van, they seemed to be a minor defensive adjustment away from putting the game away, but they just never could make it. Don't know if it was on the coaches or the kids, in all honesty, but Canton took note of it, and a disproportionate amount of their big plays/scores came on a particular offensive set and a handful of plays out of that set.

On the flip side, Van's QB Jackson Rainey is for real. Kid was very impressive to me. Has a cannon arm and a ton of speed. Appears to have a good feel for when he needs to take over a game, too. If not for what I think is a nearly complete Gilmer team in Region II, Van would be my clear cut favorite to make it to the semifinals. I'm not sure the Vandals have the defense to really go toe-to-toe with the Buckeyes. But if things break right, Rainey is good enough to trade blows with Gilmer for 2-3 quarters.
    Texas Forever.

Congrats to the Lady Texans Volleyball. They defeated Cuero tonight 3-0 to take Bi-District.

Final district game 7:30 Friday, at home. Polar Bears of Austin Achieve (2-7) make their way to the "frozen tundra of Texan Field". Okay, it will be cooler, upper 50s by game time. Bears will feel like they just played the Green Bay Packers after this one. Senior Night. DCTF's has the Texans favored by 99. Any wagers?

All-District

Final district game 7:30 Friday, at home. Polar Bears of Austin Achieve (2-7) make their way to the "frozen tundra of Texan Field". Okay, it will be cooler, upper 50s by game time. Bears will feel like they just played the Green Bay Packers after this one. Senior Night. DCTF's has the Texans favored by 99. Any wagers?
    I'll take the Bearz and 99, because our coaches won't do that.