Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Van went from #9 to #7 by beating a winless Pittsburg team.

I can only assume Tepper thought they beat the Steelers.

lol. Combined record of those 4 teams (4-12). No team with more than 2 wins. 0-4, 1-3, 1-3, 2-2
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Come on Dave Campbell. How does Wimberley beat an undefeated Fredericksburg team and drop 2 slots? Sleight of hand? lol But on the other hand.. kind of nice to see three Region 4 teams in the top 10 with Sinton lurking close behind I'm sure.
    Those rankings are always BS, Campbell's staff basically yawns and places their favorites where they want them. Caddo Mills (NR) over in R-2 is an example of that.....they would have to slay a dragon to be ranked.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    Those rankings are always BS, Campbell's staff basically yawns and places their favorites where they want them. Caddo Mills (NR) over in R-2 is an example of that.....they would have to slay a dragon to be ranked.

Lol I mean ... Caddo Mill's schedule is suspect, especially if you try to put it up against the majority of what the rest of the Top 10 has played. Now, if the Foxes somehow beat Aubrey this week, and someone else in the top 10 slips up, they'll sneak into the rankings.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

They have this computer ranking that they tout...https://www.texasfootball.com/articl..._preview_title

Caddo Mills is #16 in it, so I'm going to agree with d0tc0m.

Van is #14 and Wimberley is #9.

All-District

So Wimberley#9 lays an Egg with Cuero#5. Navarro beats Cuero despite turning the ball over 6 times and gifting them 13 points. Basically holding the Gobs to 2 offensive tds. Navarro's loss is to Calhoun a 4aD1. So Navarro is #11. Ok got it!

Hard to do anything with turnovers if you have 14 penalties. We should know.

Texans (3-1) welcome 5A DII Alamo Heights (4-0) to Wimberley Friday night. The Mules are coming off a 38-21 win over the Canyon Lake Hawks. This game was tied at the half 14-14 with AH scoring 17 unanswered points in the 3rd. For the Texans, it was the Fredericksburg Billies that gave this match-up a similar feel. Texans led the Billies 14-13 at the half but held strong in the second, allowing a field goal while putting up 16. Word on AH is they run a similar offense to Wimberley and they have the numbers to keep fresh players on the field throughout the game. Going to be a tough challenge and yet a chance to make a statement. Looking forward to this one. I will be there. Go Texans!

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Hard to do anything with turnovers if you have 14 penalties. We should know.
    Sounding like the Gobblers as that is all they could do. They were offsides many times and not called. So just because a team plays disciplined and does not commit penalties something is wrong? Flags are not thrown out tit for tat !

Besides Cuero had the game in the bag with 3 plus minutes left. Make 10 yards and a 1st down the game is over! Navarro had no timeouts! I guess on 3rd down the refs did not let Cuero block and lost 4 yards having to punt!

Nice try!

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bag-o-chips View Post
    So Wimberley#9 lays an Egg with Cuero#5. Navarro beats Cuero despite turning the ball over 6 times and gifting them 13 points. Basically holding the Gobs to 2 offensive tds. Navarro's loss is to Calhoun a 4aD1. So Navarro is #11. Ok got it!
    Exactly, there's more love than science to it.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Lol I mean ... Caddo Mill's schedule is suspect, especially if you try to put it up against the majority of what the rest of the Top 10 has played. Now, if the Foxes somehow beat Aubrey this week, and someone else in the top 10 slips up, they'll sneak into the rankings.
    Same argument could be made with Bellville and they're what 6? Luckily Texas HSF has a bracket playoff system so rankings at the end of the day are pointless (tho funny), unlike the current college system.
    Last edited by ogg; 09-23-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bag-o-chips View Post
    Sounding like the Gobblers as that is all they could do. They were offsides many times and not called. So just because a team plays disciplined and does not commit penalties something is wrong? Flags are not thrown out tit for tat !

Besides Cuero had the game in the bag with 3 plus minutes left. Make 10 yards and a 1st down the game is over! Navarro had no timeouts! I guess on 3rd down the refs did not let Cuero block and lost 4 yards having to punt!

Nice try!

How did you arrive at this conclusional thought? "So just because a team plays disciplined and does not commit penalties something is wrong?" That scenario never even crossed my mind.

14 penalties and they should have had more? Wow, I guess you can find a penalty on just about every play if you look hard enough. Sure does really screw up the flow of a game. "tit for tat?" lol

All-District

And we lost 7-0 to Alamo Heights.

Other than penalties, there were not a lot of things I'd be really angry about as a coach. D was great, and we understandably had trouble blocking their big D line. But yeah, waaaaaaaay too many penalties again.

So many "key" passes through the hands. The opportunities were there. Rotating quarterbacks. Did not care for it. Defense was awesome. Wimberley gets the next week off. I need the week to recover. lol. Go Texans!

From the Alamo Heights game. First drive for AH. No more slants over the middle after this play. Very first play from this Nathan Simpson highlight clip.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8386254...76ed0b38bd4522

Texans take on San Antonio's YMLA Lions (Young Men's Leadership Academy) on Friday to begin district play. This will be at Alamo Stadium. Game time 7:30.