All-State

Default Freezing my backside off

I’m shocked there are no weather threads on here. Gotta be some stories out there; folks needing help. We went 41 hours without power starting Monday morning & most of yesterday, during the coldest time of this #%$&$ storm. It was miserable to say the least, thanks to God we had water through it.

Impacting a lot of sporting events too I’m sure.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-State

The power came back on for us yesterday at 5 pm. At 6 pm my wife was giddy b/c she could take a hot shower.
    Rockets Never Quit!

All-American

Nice and warm (low 70s) here in SoCal. I don't envy y'all one bit!

Quite the mess y'all are in right now.

All-American

Lost power for good at 330am Monday AM....temp dropped in the house from 67 when the heater was on to 58 by 9am Monday....by Monday night bedtime it was 48 degrees in the house.....Tuesday AM the low at my house in Ft Worth was -3 (can't believe I typed that) and the temps were down to 44 in the house....Tuesday night it wasn't as cold we were in the mid-20s so the temps in the house bottomed out at 41.....power came back on 230 yesterday afternoon...I'm not sure I could have done another night in the freezing cold.....very thankful power is back on here

All-American

Lost power for a bout 8 hours down here in Hungerford from 5 p.m.till about 3 a.m. and temps were in the low 30s (In The Teens about three nights ago. Hope our power stays on now and that they don't have roving blackout like yesterday.Saying prayers helps and my wife Cindy can go to work this afternoon in Wharton

All-American

Lost power at 2:30 AM Sunday. Came back on about 4 AM and then out for good about 8 AM Sunday. Finally came back on 5:20 PM yesterday. My truck was my bed for 2 days lol. The only thing I had going in my favor was a gas hot water heater to take hot showers and Rancheros Restaurant and Love Truck Stop having electricity to keep my truck full of gas and my tummy full good hot food.

Was without power for 36 hours, temps in the house got down to 42F. We went to stay with my grandparents. They’ve got a wood burning fireplace, a water well, 3 generators and a gas stove. We were in fairly good shape

Starter

I was without power for 14 hours monday-tuesday. I used an old coleman double burner lantern to keep warm. I had 2 broken water lines. One i could fix easily so i have cold water at least, but the other one is going to require me to remove some soffits to get access to, so i will need to wait until this weekend to fix it. in the mean time i can boil a pot of water to take a bath with. thank heavens i have a habit of buying extra parts when i do plumbing repairs over the years. i was able to scrounge up 2 couplings & a short piece of copper tubing so i can make my repairs. it is impossible to find those items anywhere near me at this moment.
    Why be difficult, when with a bit of effort, you can be impossible.

Junior Varsity

We where without AEP power for 2 days, without water for a lil over a day. No broken water lines had a good stream going throughout the house. Fired up the Generac portable generator and plugged it into my transfer switch and had lights appliance and gas furnace back up and running. Not whole house but all essentials we needed where back on.

No electricity from 3AM Monday to 3AM Wednesday. House temp down to mid 40s. Water on and off all week. Showers have been scarce. Thank God for the Coleman camp stove.

I never lost power, internet, water, gas, or hope.
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by oldtownag View Post
    I never lost power, internet, water, gas, or hope.
    I didn't either. But I did wonder for a few days what the hell I was going to do with 15 inches of snow.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I didn't either. But I did wonder for a few days what the hell I was going to do with 15 inches of snow.
    We only lost power 45 minutes. Internet for 30 minutes. Blessed

BBRRRR it was extremely cold last week. We never lost power (except when they cut it off to trim a line) nor water But our rent house has several leaks underneath the house... spending our children's inheritance getting that fixed. I drove up to Austin yesterday - it was a gorgeous day.. much different than the previous Monday

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

48 Hours with no power. Got a little cold inside.....