All-American

Default China Spring 35 West Orange Stark 22!!

China Spring has now defeated number 4 Jasper and number 2 WOS! Unbelievable!!

All-District

Wow!

All-District

Word is WOS was missing 6 starters and was playing linebackers on the O line.
    Hard to play. Team as good as CS with that many starters missing 6 guys having to play both ways and playing different positions. Not taking anything away from China Spring”s win, they are a very good team.

Surely they had some quality JV guys to plug in...
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    Word is WOS was missing 6 starters and was playing linebackers on the O line.
    Yawnnnnnnn

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    Yawnnnnnnn
    You can yawn all you would like......but it made a difference. China Spring moving on and that all that matters. Carthage not gonna have no covid....
    Bet that!!!
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

It for sure impacted WOS, no question. But I was still impressed with the way the Stangs played. More than that, though, I think I watched that game and came away very impressed with China Spring. Good speed on both sides of the ball. Good size/explosiveness along the trenches on both sides. Great RB. Opportunistic on special teams. That may earn them a date with Carthage in another week.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    It for sure impacted WOS, no question. But I was still impressed with the way the Stangs played. More than that, though, I think I watched that game and came away very impressed with China Spring. Good speed on both sides of the ball. Good size/explosiveness along the trenches on both sides. Great RB. Opportunistic on special teams. That may earn them a date with Carthage in another week.
    Uggg. Carthage. Knocked my Brownwood Lions out of the semifinals in 2010, Knocked my China Spring Cougars out in the semis in 2016 and now China Spring is staring them down possibly next week.

All-American

I'm with you. Carthage fatigue has set in. Let it be anybody.......anybody other than Carthage. It just ain't gonna happen.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I'm with you. Carthage fatigue has set in. Let it be anybody.......anybody other than Carthage. It just ain't gonna happen.

I hate that you’re probably right. They’re real good.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    I hate that you’re probably right. They’re real good.
    Hate to tell ya, but this may be the best Dawg defense we have had since coach Surratt has been at Carthage.
    The starters on defense have allowed one touch down since the second week of October. Last night Salado scored on a fake punt.
    Salado averaged 373 yards and 45 points a game. The Dawg D held them to 17 total yards in the first half last night.
    Last night was the first time the starters played four quarters. The defense is giving up 6.6 points a game.
    Horton Dawg (QB) has 2,700 hundred yards passing and 27 touch down passes with only two interceptions. (73% percent passing) sitting out most games in the second half.
    The O line is the best in 4A, big, strong, and very quick off the ball. Four very fast receivers with great hands.
    The best tight end we have had and the heart of the team is running back Courtney. He runs hard, cuts on a dime and never goes down on first contact.
    China Spring is playing outstanding football, but I can assure you coach Surratt, Preston and staff will have the Dawgs ready to play, this Dawg team never takes any team for granted.
    China Spring will get the best the Dawgs have and the respect that goes with it.
    No team makes it to December without being good.
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    Hate to tell ya, but this may be the best Dawg defense we have had since coach Surratt has been at Carthage.
    The starters on defense have allowed one touch down since the second week of October. Last night Salado scored on a fake punt.
    Salado averaged 373 yards and 45 points a game. The Dawg D held them to 17 total yards in the first half last night.
    Last night was the first time the starters played four quarters. The defense is giving up 6.6 points a game.
    Horton Dawg (QB) has 2,700 hundred yards passing and 27 touch down passes with only two interceptions. (73% percent passing) sitting out most games in the second half.
    The O line is the best in 4A, big, strong, and very quick off the ball. Four very fast receivers with great hands.
    The best tight end we have had and the heart of the team is running back Courtney. He runs hard, cuts on a dime and never goes down on first contact.
    China Spring is playing outstanding football, but I can assure you coach Surratt, Preston and staff will have the Dawgs ready to play, this Dawg team never takes any team for granted.
    China Spring will get the best the Dawgs have and the respect that goes with it.
    No team makes it to December without being good.
    God Bless coaches, players, and fans.
    Lol that’s great C&C! I’m not a CS fan, just an FYI. I doubt they’ll give you guys much trouble.