Thread: A Forfeit

All-District
    Blog Entries

Default A Forfeit

Does a forfeit go on the record as 1 - 0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    Does a forfeit go on the record as 1 - 0 ?
    I think it depends on what the district decided a forfeit would count towards district total point system. Seen some use the max points of their district.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    I think it depends on what the district decided a forfeit would count towards district total point system. Seen some use the max points of their district.
    Yes for tie breakers the district decides points for tie-breakers. What I'm asking is what is recorded as the score for the game. I see most show 1-0 and that is what pigskin prep shows. Know someone saying it's 2-0. ???

All-American

Heard it was 2

All-District

Are Covid cancelations really being counted as forfeits?

All-American

If the districts didn't have built-in make-up weeks to reschedule the games, then they are being counted as forfeits. Each District, to my knowledge, has a set "maximum-point" forfeit. A lot of the ones I've seen have been in the neighborhood of 15 points or so. i.e. Team A has to forfeit their game against Team B because of COVID, with no chance of rescheduling. Therefore, Team B is awarded a "max point" forfeit, 15-0.
    Texas Forever.

All-District
    Blog Entries

I'm referring to the score of the game. I found the answer. An NFL game forfeit goes in the books as 2-0. A NCAA or high school game is recorded as 1-0.

Letterman

District 15-4A, Division II has their's set at two points but that's only to settle tiebreakers if I understand it correctly. Recently Crystal City had to forfeit games against Pearsall and Hondo. Those go down as 1-0 victories for Pearsall and Hondo. If Crystal City were to force a tie with either school, the two points would factor in to decide who would be the higher seed. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    I'm referring to the score of the game. I found the answer. An NFL game forfeit goes in the books as 2-0. A NCAA or high school game is recorded as 1-0.
    I was referring to that too.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    If the districts didn't have built-in make-up weeks to reschedule the games, then they are being counted as forfeits. Each District, to my knowledge, has a set "maximum-point" forfeit. A lot of the ones I've seen have been in the neighborhood of 15 points or so. i.e. Team A has to forfeit their game against Team B because of COVID, with no chance of rescheduling. Therefore, Team B is awarded a "max point" forfeit, 15-0.
    That isn't the 'positive points' they use in tiebreakers?