All-American

Default Week 5: Fredericksburg (3-1) @ Boerne (3-1)

A toss up?

All-American

Before last week, I would have said Boerne. The Greyhounds were on a roll. But the loss to Sweetwater makes you hesitate just a bit. Some of that may just be unknowns about the Mustangs. Perhaps Sweetwater is trending upwards and is better than previously thought. Maybe that loss is a better loss than first glance.

Fred's loss to Wimberley was a close one. And I think the Texans are still a good football team and will certainly challenge, if not win Region IV in Div. II.

Given those two games, I'd give the slight edge to the Billies this Friday.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Agree, the Billies by a td in a real nail biter.

Wimberley / Fred game was not really that close although the score reflects otherwise. 550 yards of offense, stupid, untimely penalties (11-110). Still, I'd give the edge to the Billies as well.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Game just starting. Live stream....

https://news4sanantonio.com/watch

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    Agree, the Billies by a td in a real nail biter.
    I think you could classify that as a nailbiter. What a game!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    I think you could classify that as a nailbiter. What a game!
    It really was! I think the Billies' gotta be kicking themselves, honestly. Lots of opportunities that they just couldn't capitalize on. I was really impressed with those big boys on the Fredericksburg defensive front. They buckled down in the fourth quarter and were stuffing some big plays. But at the same time, I got the feeling that Boerne could have pulled away later in the game, but just let off the gas. The Greyhounds have some good looking athletes though, especially on offense. The QB has a cannon arm and just looks natural and comfortable in the pocket.

Having seen Boerne, it's a little more jarring that they lost to Sweetwater. Just tells me perhaps the Mustangs deserve a good hard look as a Region I contender.
    Texas Forever.