Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American

Wonder if Columbia volleyball team will be playing their district matches this week. Their match with Bay City on Tuesday was postponed. They may have played tonight and plays at Brazosport on Friday

All-District

So, Columbia cancelled because they couldn’t practice outside?

Letterman

Yup looks that way

Quote Originally Posted by 'Necks 2013-14 View Post
    Here's a short summary Brandon. And last I checked, MJMbrahmas10, Bellville geographically does not have to prepare nor shelter from tropical storms/hurricanes and the like. Ease up.....Columbia does NOT fear you. PERIOD.

Brent Mascheck
    2 days ago
    Due to continued deteriorating weather conditions, CBISD has made the decision to cancel all High School and Jr. High after school athletic practices and the JH Football Games for tonight. The safety and well-being of our student-athletes is CBISD’s main concern. Please stay safe.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Next post.....
    Brent Mascheck
    2 days ago

We will have a full practice 3:00pm-5:00pm for the rest of the week (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday).
    Next week, we are looking for a JV Game. Our freshmen will play Angleton on Thursday, October 1st in Angleton. Our Varsity will have a bye as we prepare for district play.
    I am sorry you are getting this info by Sports You, but after talking with the Bellville Coach this evening, he told his players. I did not want anybody to hear about it on social media. We will talk about it tomorrow during athletics. With a lot of thought and consideration, CBISD and CBISD's Coaching staff has decided to cancel the varsity and sub-varsity football games vs. Bellville on Thursday, September 24th and Friday, September 25th. I want everybody to know that our main goal is to keep your son safe. You put your trust in us for the safety and well-being of your child, and we take that responsibility very seriously. In good conscience, I cannot put our football team on the field for game with ONE DAY of practice. So many things go into getting a football team ready to play, and we do not have ample time to prepare this week for a football game. Every team we play has a different defense and offense and it would be unfair for our kids to play a game without proper practice time. All decisions are made with the health and well-being of our student athletes being the most important item.
    Thanks for the info... Who exactly are you, since you seem to know me and want to call me by my name?

I understand mascheck’s stance, just wanted to hear the Columbia side of things since it appears Bellville is of the opinion we are scared.