Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-American

Default Week 5: Columbia (3-1) @ Bellville (4-0)

Should be another good matchup-Going with the Brahmas

Audio Webcast Linke
    https://www.bellvillesports.net/

All-American

Columbia barely getting by La Marque last week makes me a bit suspicious of the 'Necks. Maybe the Cougars are better than I thought? I don't know. But Bellville has been very, very good so far. They destroyed Rockdale. I'd say Brahmas win this one pretty handily.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Bellville is going to be hard to stop. Have to take the Bulls by at least 14.

Heard this game was cancelled due to 'community circumstances' in West Columbia.

Letterman

Can’t believe west Columbia chickened out. That’s ridiculous. Hopefully bellville takes them off the schedule and others consider as well

So what exactly happened?

Can I get a summary since I don’t have a facts membership?

Starter

Here's a short summary Brandon. And last I checked, MJMbrahmas10, Bellville geographically does not have to prepare nor shelter from tropical storms/hurricanes and the like. Ease up.....Columbia does NOT fear you. PERIOD.

Brent Mascheck
    2 days ago
    Due to continued deteriorating weather conditions, CBISD has made the decision to cancel all High School and Jr. High after school athletic practices and the JH Football Games for tonight. The safety and well-being of our student-athletes is CBISD’s main concern. Please stay safe.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Next post.....
    Brent Mascheck
    2 days ago

We will have a full practice 3:00pm-5:00pm for the rest of the week (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday).
    Next week, we are looking for a JV Game. Our freshmen will play Angleton on Thursday, October 1st in Angleton. Our Varsity will have a bye as we prepare for district play.
    I am sorry you are getting this info by Sports You, but after talking with the Bellville Coach this evening, he told his players. I did not want anybody to hear about it on social media. We will talk about it tomorrow during athletics. With a lot of thought and consideration, CBISD and CBISD's Coaching staff has decided to cancel the varsity and sub-varsity football games vs. Bellville on Thursday, September 24th and Friday, September 25th. I want everybody to know that our main goal is to keep your son safe. You put your trust in us for the safety and well-being of your child, and we take that responsibility very seriously. In good conscience, I cannot put our football team on the field for game with ONE DAY of practice. So many things go into getting a football team ready to play, and we do not have ample time to prepare this week for a football game. Every team we play has a different defense and offense and it would be unfair for our kids to play a game without proper practice time. All decisions are made with the health and well-being of our student athletes being the most important item.
    " 'NECKS YEAR" is coming!
    Mark it down. Count on it.

Everyone bleeds MAROON!!
    (although some are in denial)

Starter

Last edited by 'Necks 2013-14; 09-24-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Everyone bleeds MAROON!!

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by MJMbrahmas10 View Post
    Can’t believe west Columbia chickened out. That’s ridiculous. Hopefully bellville takes them off the schedule and others consider as well
    Chickened out....really?

Take note of the key phrase "one day of practice."
    Here's a short summary Brandon. And last I checked, MJMbrahmas10, Bellville geographically does not have to prepare nor shelter from tropical storms/hurricanes and the like. Ease up.....Columbia does NOT fear you. PERIOD.

Brent Mascheck
    2 days ago
    Due to continued deteriorating weather conditions, CBISD has made the decision to cancel all High School and Jr. High after school athletic practices and the JH Football Games for tonight. The safety and well-being of our student-athletes is CBISD’s main concern. Please stay safe.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Next post.....
    Brent Mascheck
    2 days ago

We will have a full practice 3:00pm-5:00pm for the rest of the week (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday).
    Next week, we are looking for a JV Game. Our freshmen will play Angleton on Thursday, October 1st in Angleton. Our Varsity will have a bye as we prepare for district play.
    I am sorry you are getting this info by Sports You, but after talking with the Bellville Coach this evening, he told his players. I did not want anybody to hear about it on social media. We will talk about it tomorrow during athletics. With a lot of thought and consideration, CBISD and CBISD's Coaching staff has decided to cancel the varsity and sub-varsity football games vs. Bellville on Thursday, September 24th and Friday, September 25th. I want everybody to know that our main goal is to keep your son safe. You put your trust in us for the safety and well-being of your child, and we take that responsibility very seriously. In good conscience, I cannot put our football team on the field for game with ONE DAY of practice. So many things go into getting a football team ready to play, and we do not have ample time to prepare this week for a football game. Every team we play has a different defense and offense and it would be unfair for our kids to play a game without proper practice time. All decisions are made with the health and well-being of our student athletes being the most important item.

Everyone bleeds MAROON!!

Letterman

Why is everyone else in the area playing? Why could y’all only practice one day?
    I’ve tried giving the benefit of the doubt. But it makes zero sense.
    Why not play next week. We both have a bye. It make literally no sense.

Letterman

Practice in the gym. That’s what we did in HS when it rained. I feel like teams are going to be hesitant to schedule y’all since y’all back at for a few inches of rain. Bellville SHOULD NOT travel next year and y’all should come to us.

Curious how the Columbia players feel? Relief? Or anger cause they want a shot at a roaring bellville team?

Letterman

And I’m not trying to be rude or a-hole. Just can’t figure out why. And haven’t had a plausible explanation or why they only practiced one day.

All-American

The Brazosport Facts had a good story on it- But I subscribe to the newspaper to view it all-That's why when you clink the link-the entire story wont show