Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argyle Eagles

7 63.64%
  • La Vega Pirates

4 36.36%
    Practice Squad

Default #2 Waco La Vega vs #1 Argyle Game of the Week

It's #2 Waco La Vega at Argyle. Who's your pick?

All-American

I like Argyle in this one. La Vega is without their QB Rauls, and I don't know if they've got enough of a passing threat to keep the Eagles defense honest for four quarters. They've got some dudes who can flat out fly, and I'm certain they'll break off 2-3 LONG TD runs, especially in the first half. However, if there's not the added threat through the air, Argyle's defense will adjust and slow down that attack. Defensively, La Vega will need to create some turnovers, and they certainly have the skill guys to do it. Their defensive line is quick and aggressive and they will test Argyle's stellar offensive line. But I don't know that the Pirates' d-line is better than Pleasant Grove's, and the Eagles handled that just fine. Then again, I think Celina's defensive front had far more success against Argyle than PG did. That said, Argyle has an embarrassment of riches in targets for Rogers to throw to. And if no one is open — which is rare — Rogers can beat you with his feet. He moves much better than Hogenboom did, and that's just one more element for the defense to contend with.

All that said, I think Argyle is further along right now than La Vega is. The Pirates have had some good wins, but Argyle has had the better wins, in my opinion, with a statement victory over PG. I like the Eagles by 13 in this one. This is one of the more complete Argyle teams I've seen since maybe 2015, in all honesty. If they keep progressing, I think they'll win this matchup and the rematch with La Vega in the Region II finals. This could be the year the Eagles make it back to the big dance.
    Texas Forever.

back up quarterback... but i think that defense will simmer that argyle attack down. going with modoc
    Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

Practice Squad

Argyle 21 La Vega 7 halftime.

All-American

Argyle is flat out better than La Vega at every spot on the field. And it’s not very close at some of the positions. The Pirates will need to improve drastically if they want to even get to a rematch, much less win it.

Practice Squad

Argyle 34 La Vega 7 4th Quarter.

Practice Squad

Final Argyle 35 La Vega 7.

All-American

Just a beat down. Rauls would make a difference, but not a 28-point difference. Only thing you worry about with Argyle is getting too inflated or overconfident from this one.

Practice Squad

I don't know what kind of coach Hyde is, but I do know Rogers tends to overthink during the playoffs and it gets him into trouble.