All-American

Default This is a weird football season

I haven't been to a game. Haven't been on the Downlow. Haven't much even cared. I have watched most of our 3 games in my shop drinking copious amounts of beer and really just not being very excited. I guess I'm just ready to be in the stands and get the feeling back. Its nice that I can watch them live, but its just not the same.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

It has been different for sure. I haven't been to a game yet, either. I won't be going to our first home game tomorrow night, either. The tickets they allotted sold out in a matter of a few minutes when they went on sale at 8 PM Tuesday. Needless to say, I didn't get any. I will stay home and watch the game on the big screen with some family and friends. I am going to try my best to get tickets next week, though. I don't want to miss the atmosphere of a Gilmer / Carthage matchup.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

It's for sure been different. I'd be lying if I said I haven't benefitted, though, as I've been able to watch every single one of Celina's games from up here in Missouri, thanks to the livestream. But, I could put that aside. I'd much rather everybody get to pack the stands and not have to deal with cancellations, etc., and I can just listen to the games like I always have. At any rate, I've still been excited for the season and for the Bobcats. It's a cautious excitement, obviously, but excited nonetheless.

Maybe you can get out to a game sometime soon, Aussie, and that'll get your juices going. You Buckeyes fans look like you've got plenty to be excited about this season!
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Yes it feels different now that China Spring had to cancel their big game this Friday but last Friday, sitting in the stands at Brownwood, all felt right in the world. (especially after a 35-14 win...)

I agree 100% buddy. I've been to a game every week so far and with 5 and 6a starting up, hoping it feel just that much more normal soon. My son had their second scrimmage last night against Abilene cooper. It's exciting when you're there, but everything else about it seems off. Came here hoping to get a stronger feeling for a season and realized it's deflated just like the feeling is.
    Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind.

F.A.N.T.O.M. Juggernaut

All-American

It's not all just football either. The whole world seems off. Everything seems amiss. People seem too angry and bitter and entrenched in this side or that side. Too much nonsensical conflict and vitriol. Too many billionaires on both sides of the aisle gaslighting an entire country into believing they are "for us."
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I haven't been to a game. Haven't been on the Downlow. Haven't much even cared. I have watched most of our 3 games in my shop drinking copious amounts of beer and really just not being very excited. I guess I'm just ready to be in the stands and get the feeling back. Its nice that I can watch them live, but its just not the same.
    we feel the same - we watch but from the recliner enjoying beverages

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?