Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    China Spring
    Posts
    2,501

    Default Lampasas @ China Spring Cancelled due to COVID

    This sucks big time. Two state ranked teams. Here's the reality, imagine getting to the 4th round of the playoffs and having to forfeit because a player has Covid. That's the reality. It's going to happen.

  2. #2
    All-American
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    5,711

    Default

    Or imagine that the player(s)/student(s) have trouble recovering from Covid. Do you then say we understood the risk and it was still worth it?

  3. #3

    Default

    You simply have to follow guidelines. Cameron had a player test positive. He and his close contacts have been quarantined and the rest of the team continues. The game with Lexington will be played this Friday.

    "Younger Americans appear to have a significantly lower chance of dying from COVID-19 than they do of more common infectious diseases."

    https://freopp.org/estimating-the-ri...e-630aea3ae5a9

  4. #4
    All-American
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    5,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    You simply have to follow guidelines. Cameron had a player test positive. He and his close contacts have been quarantined and the rest of the team continues. The game with Lexington will be played this Friday.

    "Younger Americans appear to have a significantly lower chance of dying from COVID-19 than they do of more common infectious diseases."

    https://freopp.org/estimating-the-ri...e-630aea3ae5a9
    This article doesn't even cover the long term affects so sorry it is not that simple.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 99IHSMustang View Post
    This article doesn't even cover the long term affects so sorry it is not that simple.
    I can fully understand your point there. I do believe we have to continue to gather data over time. What do you believe should be the policy for games, or if they should be played at all?
    Last edited by Yoe_09; 09-15-2020 at 03:32 PM.

  6. #6
    All-American
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    5,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    I can fully understand your point there. I do believe we have to continue to gather data over time. What do you believe should be the policy for games, or if they should be played at all?
    That is a fair question. The challenge with starting the season to begin with was and still is to attempt to do it as safely as possible. To do that parents, students and everyone else involved have to adhere to the rules. No one is perfect so you are going to have to accept the fact that you will have a break in those rules. When you break it down to the realistic/probable outcomes, your more than likely left with what we have seen so far. I enjoy football as much as most on this forum, but I wouldn’t have started this season due to the probable outcome which at the end of the day is not worth risking the health of anyone involved in the short or long term.

    Obviously, football season started due to accepting that risk. Is the risk to reward ratio good or bad? Too risky in my opinion.

  7. #7
    Letterman
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    bethel texas
    Posts
    696
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    China Spring hit with covid virus
    Any one that Lampasas can matchup with ? Carthage is open but they have not played last two weeks. Calallen open but is their normal open date, and Henderson is open but their game last week was cancelled.

  8. #8
    Letterman
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    bethel texas
    Posts
    696
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Lampasas contacting several schools for this Friday game. No luck. Looking for 10/2 game.

  9. #9
    All-District
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    El Campo
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 99IHSMustang View Post
    This article doesn't even cover the long term affects so sorry it is not that simple.
    No one is forcing the kids to play. That is a decision for the parents and the kids to make.

    There are plenty of long term health risks associated with playing football. CTE being a significant one. Are you outraged that they continue to play considering those other risks?

  10. #10
    All-American
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Posts
    5,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    No one is forcing the kids to play. That is a decision for the parents and the kids to make.

    There are plenty of long term health risks associated with playing football. CTE being a significant one. Are you outraged that they continue to play considering those other risks?
    You bring up another long term health risk that is associated and it is a very valid point. Outraged, is not the word I would use. We are in Texas so I am not surprised. Like I mentioned in my previous post. The risk to reward ratio is not good in my opinion. So is your thought why worry about people that obviously don't really think it's a big deal or even care?

  11. #11
    All-American SintonFan_inAustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Calallen
    Posts
    18,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    China Spring hit with covid virus
    Any one that Lampasas can matchup with ? Carthage is open but they have not played last two weeks. Calallen open but is their normal open date, and Henderson is open but their game last week was cancelled.
    Sinton has 9 games total, had 8 but were able to get one for this week couple of weeks ago. Oct 2nd is their open week before district and have another off week on week 11. They had a chance to pick up one against Tuloso Midway on Oct 2nd but didn't not sure if they were looking as they might want the off week before district starts.

    But wouldn't mind if they are looking to fill out the schedule, another crack at a high power offense with a qb for this young team to face would be great and another test for the offense to light it up against a top rank team in 4a D1 but this time for the whole game.

  12. #12
    All-District
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    San Marcos, TX
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    No one is forcing the kids to play. That is a decision for the parents and the kids to make.

    There are plenty of long term health risks associated with playing football. CTE being a significant one. Are you outraged that they continue to play considering those other risks?
    Last I checked, a kid sitting in a classroom in front of a football player can't get CTE from the football player.

  13. #13
    All-District
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    El Campo
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Last I checked, a kid sitting in a classroom in front of a football player can't get CTE from the football player.
    The non-football player could just as easily pass Covid to the football player. So, I assume you are against kids being back in school in general.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •