Starter

Default La Vernia vs. La Grange

Great game last year. I’m hoping Pudlugger is around to comment on this one.

Saw the Navarro game on replay, terrible start for La Vernia with all the turnovers and still kept it close to come back and win. Navarro look huge up front and good hitting defense! Good start to the year for the Bears.

All-American

Unless the Lep defense solidifies this game will be over by the half. Our starting QB and best rusher #10 Matthew Johnson was out with injuries since the 3nd quarter of game 1 with Rockdale and our offense has struggled since. I don't know his status for Friday. Leps are going to have to play tough for 4 quarters as they seem to fade away in the third after keeping it close. LV will be as tough or tougher than the last two teams that had their way with LG. Hate to not be optimistic but this team has a ways to go before they are up to their potential.

All-American

Well I guess I should order up a good old serving of crow. The Leps were down 28-10 going into the 4th quarter and suddenly they caught on fire scoring 22 unanswered points to comeback for the win. LV with 39 seconds left and one TO went for the bubble screen twice for a first down mid field. They burnt their TO and threw two hail Marys but the Lep prevent D delivered the win. This was one for the record book for great comebacks. Our D played great against a really talented LV offense allowing only 21 points(they had a pic 6) 14 of which came after turnovers deep in our territory. They had some great plays and showed real poise. Not many penalties in the game both teams played clean and showed a lot of class. Good luck to the Bears the rest of the way.

Starter

Wow, that was a great game. Congrats to La Grange. They have an exceedingly talented team and appear to be putting the pieces together.

All-American

Thanks LV Bearfan. Your QB is an exciting player. He will be playing on Saturdays next year hopefully in Texas. Your district is a pretty tough one but I'm betting the Bears come out on top. #35 is a power running back with some good moves. He was very hard to bring down dragging two or three defenders for the extra yardage. As usual the Bears were very disciplined no gratuitous penalties like late hits or unsportsmanlike conduct in this game from either team. Just the usual few holding calls and offsides by each team so I'd say it was a very hard fought and clean game and a memorable one at that. Cheers!