Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Football

All-District
    Blog Entries

Skidmore-Tyran suspended football last week - Sunday night Beeville suspended football indefinitely - and today (Monday) 2A-1 Ben Bolt became first school to cancell it's football season along with their volleyball.

Wonder how it's going to be handle once the playoffs start if we get that far if a team has to be quarantine just before a match up, do they get eliminated?

All-District
    Blog Entries

Another one down - Pleasanton ISD has temporarily suspended their football practices after a member of the high school program tested positive for the coronia virus. They will be shutdown for 14 days. First day back for practice could be 8/26. Their first game is scheduled at home 8/28 against Hondo.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Poteet ISD suspended extracurricular activities this week after a ' breach ' of protocols during a photo sessions with football players. A school official who was present later tested positive. Activities were suspended for the week out of abundance of caution. Activities are expected to resume 8/17.

Aug 11
    Due to the rise in cases in Bee County and a few positive cases in Beeville ISD, all activities for students will be suspended indefinitely. Our goal is to resume practices and activities as soon as possible after we conduct contact tracing to ensure all staff and students are safe. As always, our first priority is safety.

Aug 12
    Trojans to resume practice tomorrow morning August 13th

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    We in Upshur County don't do quarantines - or even masks, for that matter.

Our Sheriff and other law people here are on the side of Team Trump. There is no virus. FAKE NEWS! DEMOCRAT HOAX!

All kidding aside, if Abbott ever tried another "shelter in place" order, not only would people here disobey it; there'd probably be a posse head to Austin to wheel him off the cliff of Mount Bonnell into Lake Austin.

In fairness to us, there have only been two deaths in a county of 41,000+ and I think both were fairly elderly.

No one has ever been hospitalized for it in this county either. Okay, that's because we have no hospitals. Still true, though.

As an evangelical woman posted on Twitter the other day, "Why is everyone so afraid to die!"
    I thank God every day that the vast majority of people in our county don't "think" the way you do.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

I never gave any indication what I think, but I believe I accurately summarized the thinking of most Upshur County residents.

If you want to argue with someone, hit up the guy from Celina who lives in Springfield, Mo.

He'll debate you 'til the last dog dies.

An influx of COVID cases at Navarro ISD has forced the Panthers to put their football program temporarily on hold.
    The district has confirmed 18 positive cases — 10 staff members and eight extracurricular students
    Navarro suspends football program until Aug. 24
    An influx of COVID cases at Navarro ISD has forced the Panthers to put their football program temporarily on hold.
    http://seguingazette.com/alert/artic...caa79b597.html

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I never gave any indication what I think, but I believe I accurately summarized the thinking of most Upshur County residents.

If you want to argue with someone, hit up the guy from Celina who lives in Springfield, Mo.

He'll debate you 'til the last dog dies.

Awww thanks for the shoutout AG!
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    The district has confirmed 18 positive cases — 10 staff members and eight extracurricular students
    Navarro suspends football program until Aug. 24
    http://seguingazette.com/alert/artic...caa79b597.html

Yikes. Top 10 program having to put things on hold. That'll make that opener against Calhoun a bit tougher. Hopefully all the Panthers get healthy quickly and they can get the things back on track.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Yikes. Top 10 program having to put things on hold. That'll make that opener against Calhoun a bit tougher. Hopefully all the Panthers get healthy quickly and they can get the things back on track.
    Calhoun game is canceled.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Calhoun game is canceled.
    Yep, my bad. Saw the part about the Devine scrimmage and breezed right past the PLC game. Poor reading comprehension on my part.
    Texas Forever.

Starter

Was texted by friends of mine that Celina and Boerne will play each other on Friday Oct 2 in San Antonio. Wow , that is quite a traveling trip for my Bobcats especially on a Friday . I wish it was being played on Saturday and they were meeting in Temple or Waco as to me Celina is accepting the bulk of the travel and expenses that come with this trip to play a non -district game .

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    Was texted by friends of mine that Celina and Boerne will play each other on Friday Oct 2 in San Antonio. Wow , that is quite a traveling trip for my Bobcats especially on a Friday . I wish it was being played on Saturday and they were meeting in Temple or Waco as to me Celina is accepting the bulk of the travel and expenses that come with this trip to play a non -district game .
    It's a unique "home-and-home" setup. Boerne will travel next year and play the Bobcats at The Star in Frisco.
    Texas Forever.

Starter

Oh wow that is great then. I really wish this was being played on Saturday but hopefully work will not be such that I cannot make it to the game .