Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football

All-District
    Blog Entries

Default Football

Football (some) gets started Monday 8/3 !!!

All-District
    Blog Entries

First casualty to the virus. Taft had a player at first day of practice Monday 8/3 test positive for covid-19. All practice activities cancelled for at least 14 days.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    First casualty to the virus. Taft had a player at first day of practice Monday 8/3 test positive for covid-19. All practice activities cancelled for at least 14 days.
    Sheesh, 14 days seems a bit heavy.
    Texas Forever.

This was the point I brought up several weeks ago in another thread. What were school districts going to do when ONE player tested positive? I did not think it was viable to shut things down for 14 days. If this happens in the middle of district are you just simply going to forfeit 2 games? First round of the playoffs?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    This was the point I brought up several weeks ago in another thread. What were school districts going to do when ONE player tested positive? I did not think it was viable to shut things down for 14 days. If this happens in the middle of district are you just simply going to forfeit 2 games? First round of the playoffs?
    For sure. And are you going to keep ALL of those kids out of school for that 14 days? That's just not sustainable by any means.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Trump just said children are immune. So if they test positive, that is fake news. He did concede older teachers past a certain age should be allowed to teach from home. Otherwise, suck it up, buttercup. Trump got 82.5 percent of the vote in this county. So if he said it, that settles it.

All-American

Should only have to shutdown kids for 14 days with DIRECT EXPOSURE. The CDC defines direct exposure and you can look it up. Shutting the whole program down makes no sense, but oh well.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-District
    Blog Entries

There was a positive case "at" football practice. Those student athletes who attended were ask to self-quarantine for 14 days per UIL/CDC guidelines. So if any player has symptoms and does not expose others until they are cleared then everyone else can continue on.

Starter

This is what I was saying also a few weeks ago . It just takes one to be exposed and 90% of the time I am willing to bet they have been around other players, coaches, teachers , school friends . The UIL guidelines are so broad as to try and cover all possible liability for COVID that I think it just make an entire season almost impossible for any school. We are being told at work that even if you have been around some one who has tested positive that it might take the full 10 to 14 days before it could actually show in you and still you not have any signs or symptoms . With that it would seem that you would need to have the kids , and Coaches all tested at the end of the 14 day period or just prior to the end of the 14 day period.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Trump just said children are immune. So if they test positive, that is fake news. He did concede older teachers past a certain age should be allowed to teach from home. Otherwise, suck it up, buttercup. Trump got 82.5 percent of the vote in this county. So if he said it, that settles it.
    Sorry, I have to call BS on these numbers. Trump won 54% of the electoral college vote and 46% of the popular vote. I don't know where you get your numbers, but they sure don't correspond to the FACTS.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Sorry, I have to call BS on these numbers. Trump won 54% of the electoral college vote and 46% of the popular vote. I don't know where you get your numbers, but they sure don't correspond to the FACTS.
    The numbers are from my county and I actually underestimated it a bit.
    https://www.politico.com/2016-electi...esident/texas/
    Upshur County
    Close
    100% Reporting
    R D. Trump
    82.9%
    D H. Clinton
    14.9%
    L G. Johnson
    1.8%
    G J. Stein
    0.4%
    Detailed Results

All-District
    Blog Entries

Facebook removed Trump post over coronavirus misinformation. Facebook took down a video by Trump in which he said children are "almost immune" to COVID-19, with the company saying it violated its rules against sharing 'MISINFORMATION' about the coronavirus.

All-District
    Blog Entries

CDC now says need to only quarantine for 10 days.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    CDC now says need to only quarantine for 10 days.
    We in Upshur County don't do quarantines - or even masks, for that matter.

Our Sheriff and other law people here are on the side of Team Trump. There is no virus. FAKE NEWS! DEMOCRAT HOAX!

All kidding aside, if Abbott ever tried another "shelter in place" order, not only would people here disobey it; there'd probably be a posse head to Austin to wheel him off the cliff of Mount Bonnell into Lake Austin.

In fairness to us, there have only been two deaths in a county of 41,000+ and I think both were fairly elderly.

No one has ever been hospitalized for it in this county either. Okay, that's because we have no hospitals. Still true, though.

As an evangelical woman posted on Twitter the other day, "Why is everyone so afraid to die!"

All-American

We in Upshur County don't do quarantines - or even masks, for that matter.

Our Sheriff and other law people here are on the side of Team Trump. There is no virus. FAKE NEWS! DEMOCRAT HOAX!

All kidding aside, if Abbott ever tried another "shelter in place" order, not only would people here disobey it; there'd probably be a posse head to Austin to wheel him off the cliff of Mount Bonnell into Lake Austin.

In fairness to us, there have only been two deaths in a county of 41,000+ and I think both were fairly elderly.

No one has ever been hospitalized for it in this county either. Okay, that's because we have no hospitals. Still true, though.

As an evangelical woman posted on Twitter the other day, "Why is everyone so afraid to die!"

As Hemingway famously said, "Death is like an old whore in a bar — I'll buy her a drink, but I won't go upstairs with her."
    Texas Forever.