All-American

Default I'm hearing WOS vs LaVega, Aug 28th in Madisonville

Should be a good one.

Wow. Madisonville has a large home side but extremely small visiting seating. Wonder if they will just split the home side due to restrictions.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    Wow. Madisonville has a large home side but extremely small visiting seating. Wonder if they will just split the home side due to restrictions.
    Does La Vega travel? I've only seen them in person once, this past year in Brownwood and their crowd was pretty meager for a top 10 matchup.

All-American

Wow. What a marquee week one matchup. That will give both teams a nice, early gauge of where they're at.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bwdlionfan View Post
    Does La Vega travel? I've only seen them in person once, this past year in Brownwood and their crowd was pretty meager for a top 10 matchup.
    Trust me, La Vega does not travel well. If the game is local like China Spring they will turn out. If any travel is involved then they stay home. A lot of it is economics unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    Trust me, La Vega does not travel well. If the game is local like China Spring they will turn out. If any travel is involved then they stay home. A lot of it is economics unfortunately.
    Then it may work out. I'd say you could maybe fit 150-200 people over there if you follow the social distancing guidelines.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    Everyone who got one last time should have received another $1,200 stimulus deposit plus $500 per dependent by the time of that game. If I were a La Vega fan, I'd just spend a few bucks to watch the livestream, if there is one.

All-State

They might bring 50 or so fans total. At least thats what showed up in Burnet a few years back.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Everyone who got one last time should have received another $1,200 stimulus deposit plus $500 per dependent by the time of that game. If I were a La Vega fan, I'd just spend a few bucks to watch the livestream, if there is one.
    It doesn't matter if you're working two jobs. Sometimes economics eats time. One time Argyle was playing Pinkston and only 5 people showed up on their side. About 10 of us changed sides and started rooting for them. I asked one of the parents where everybody was and she said you have to make a choice. Either you come to the game or you put food on the table. What a shame.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Yes a few years back, La Vega played at Burnet. It was suppose to be good chance of bad thunder storms and good chance game might get cancelled. Only La Vega folks besides players and coaches was about a dozen of their dance team and leader with his mega speacker. Not a single fan in the bleachers. In second half the dance team came to Burnet side and performed a couple of their dances. Not a huge crowd on Burnets side. Little rain but completed the game.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    It doesn't matter if you're working two jobs. Sometimes economics eats time. One time Argyle was playing Pinkston and only 5 people showed up on their side. About 10 of us changed sides and started rooting for them. I asked one of the parents where everybody was and she said you have to make a choice. Either you come to the game or you put food on the table. What a shame.
    Oh man, we played Pinkston every year when I was at Celina in early 2000s. I hated it. It was sad. Definitely not a feel-good win, by any means. The poor kids just had no support whatsoever, and it showed. Our cheerleaders used to bring their cheerleaders over to our side to perform. Our fans would end up cheering just as loudly for Pinkston as they would for us.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

La Vega is also playing Calallen in San Marcos on 9/11.

David Smoak
    @DavidSmoak
    ·

4m
    ***Breaking*** Per
    @Coach_Hyde
    @LVHSPirates
    will play Port Lavaca Calhoun on Friday, site to be determined. #txhsfb

From twitter feed

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    David Smoak
    @DavidSmoak
    ·

4m
    ***Breaking*** Per
    @Coach_Hyde
    @LVHSPirates
    will play Port Lavaca Calhoun on Friday, site to be determined. #txhsfb

From twitter feed

Will be played Friday night at 7:30 in Bastrop. Should be a great game!