Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Lampasas vs Miller playoff matchup!
    Over under would be 100 and I might take the over

Looks like Dave Campbell has jumped off the Wimberley bandwagon. lol
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Texans will be playing Alice ...Thursday Oct. 1st @ Jourdanton. Gotta love it!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Looks like Dave Campbell has jumped off the Wimberley bandwagon. lol
    Not quite....I think still being ranked 9th after a drubbing speaks rather highly of Wimberley....and even higher of Lampasas

It was a sound defeat but a drubbing? Lol

All-American

It was a sound defeat but a drubbing? Lol
    Yes it was a nearly 30 point loss....the game wasn't in doubt after halftime.....still think Wimberley is pretty good, most teams dont hang around the top ten losing by two touchdowns, much less four

Should have pulled the QB if it was over. lol Seriously, I can't remember the last time we had that many plays with open receivers and not connect. Texans will find out what they are made of soon enough. I have this gut feeling they will light up Fredericksburg.

All-American

Should have pulled the QB if it was over. lol Seriously, I can't remember the last time we had that many plays with open receivers and not connect. Texans will find out what they are made of soon enough. I have this gut feeling they will light up Fredericksburg.
    I think so..Fred has run up a nice record but they haven't played anyone near the quality of Wimberley....the next two weeks I think will tell a lot about them....as for Lampasas not pulling the QB....thats a good question but I have had some coaches tell me they are leaving their guys in a bit longer than usual this year simply due to lack of reps and lack of conditioning etc...everyone handle it different and I'm sure if Wimberley was a lesser team Whitehead woulda been yanked..also this is probably the last run for a while from Lampasas...there's not much behind this group IMO

All-District

Well, so much for that scenario. Badgers put it to the Texans 57-28. Very good team and definitely state championship caliber. Our passing attack needs some open heart surgery (severe palpitations) with a quick recovery. An undefeated Fredericksburg comes to town next week. Go Texans!
    I don't think we had a completion to anyone but Marshall until the 4th quarter.

We really miss Limely. Hope he comes back soon.

We really really miss Cooper M., but I know he's not coming back.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    I don't think we had a completion to anyone but Marshall until the 4th quarter.

We really miss Limely. Hope he comes back soon.

We really really miss Cooper M., but I know he's not coming back.
    Who was better Mccullom or Weeks?

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post
    Who was better Mccullom or Weeks?
    They were different, so a little hard to compare. Weeks was a better passer, but he had about as much mobility as a 100-year oak tree. I'll still give him the edge because his accuracy was just phenomenal, which you know if you came to the 2017 Navarro game.

All-District

I watched the Fred-Monahans game and Fred looked *REALLY* good. However, Monahans, just like Fred's other two opponents, is 0-3 now. Meanwhile, every week Canyon Lake is making Wimberley's season opener look better and better. Still surprised DCTF has a 22-point line on this one.

Any streaming links, please?

Beautiful night for football. Go Texans!

Wimberley takes it 21-20. QB had his best game thus far. Defense coming together. Billies enjoyed a 50+ game scoring average until last night. Stupid penalties made this close. Texans have a lot of work ahead but I like where this is going.

Wimberley travels to Somerset on Friday. Texans are beat up a bit with some key injuries from the Fredericksburg game. #9 in particular. Hopefully they will all be back real soon. Go Texans!