Default Week 3 La Vega vs Calallen

Aug 6, 2020 16:21:37 GMT -6 calcatgirl said:
    Update in Calallen football schedule for week 3.

#1 La Vega vs #4 Calallen to be played in San Marcos. Bring it on! Go Cats!

All-American

Sheesh. La Vega’s pre-district schedule is no joke. This one could be a state title preview.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Aug 6, 2020 16:21:37 GMT -6 calcatgirl said:
    Update in Calallen football schedule for week 3.

#1 La Vega vs #4 Calallen to be played in San Marcos. Bring it on! Go Cats!
    Holy Crap!

Junior Varsity

This will definately be a showcase game. The Calallen DC is amongst the best in the state for having his defense ready. But as they say Speed Kills and Waco always has tons of it. Smashmouth comes to mind in this game and this will be one of the best matchups so early in the season.

Starter

It seems to me that La Vega plays a tough schedule every year and just like when they play Argyle in first part of the season that game is a much different game than when they are in the playoffs. I do not look for La Vega to win this one just because they use these games to try and figure out what players need to be at what position . This is the first game of the season under really unusual circumstances that we have never experienced before with minimum practice and conditioning that both teams would have had during the spring and summer if we had not stopped for the virus. I just think the game should be viewed more as a scrimmage than any indicator as to what each team will be once the playoff's begin. I honestly think the game will be sloppy with a lot of mistakes that we are not used to seeing from either team just because things are so different for this season. I expect much more players having cramps , fatigue , and other conditioning issues that don't occur as often when they have a full spring of training, summer conditioning and longer two a day with at least two scrimmages. I think this will be the same for all the teams in Texas for at least the first two games. Just a strange season and the value of spring and summer conditioning I think will be seen by most observers.

Calallen like most of the 4a teams in the area have started practicing already, that will be game 3 for Calallen. Calallen usually starts slow in the season offensively but defense usually pretty stout from the beginning of the season.

All-American

By week three, all else holding equal, these teams will be in decent game shape. Danaher will have his squad tuned up a bit and playing disciplined, hard-nosed football. La Vega may be a bit behind — they just always seem to start a bit slower — but their athleticism will outmatch Calallen's. This has a high percentage chance of being a state title preview. I look for the Wildcats to win this first go around, but La Vega handles postseason rematches pretty well ... just ask Argyle.
    Texas Forever.

Starter

Sinton ,

For some reason I was thinking this would be the first game for each so if they are able to play 2 games each before this one that will help. I know some teams are struggling to find teams to scrimmage and other issues . Just a strange season and I honestly still not convinced that the season will not be halted at some point as there is just so many obstacles the teams must pass thru .

Junior Varsity

There’s no doubt La Vega is a damned good team especially in the playoffs. But so is Calallen and Danaher has his teams in great conditioning by the playoffs. Take some time and look at the state total game in Calallen vs Aledo a few years ago. They took a damned good Aledo to the brink in that game.