Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Astros

Default Astros

1-0

Suck it haters

karma is a female dog....
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

What karma? Are you referring to verlander’s injury?

Starter

Flags fly forever.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    What karma? Are you referring to verlander’s injury?
    Just a little part of it. It's going to be a tough pill to swallow for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Just a little part of it. It's going to be a tough pill to swallow for a while.
    What’s going to be tough to swallow for a while? The fact that Houston won the 2017 World Series? Someday you’ll get over it

Ahhh, you so funny...long time. I'm talking about the opposing players feeling slighted. Personally, I could care less about Houston however the World Series win will always be tainted for the Stros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Ahhh, you so funny...long time. I'm talking about the opposing players feeling slighted. Personally, I could care less about Houston however the World Series win will always be tainted for the Stros.
    Nah.... the championship is what it is. A championship.

All the titty babies can cry that it’s tainted til the cows come home but At the end of the day they’re still the champs.

We all know things like this were going on across the league. Boston and NY have already been caught, and Boston won the WS in 2018, when they were known to have cheated. Is that “tainted” too?

MLB would disagree but okay.

All-American

Default Astros

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Nah.... the championship is what it is. A championship.

All the titty babies can cry that it’s tainted til the cows come home but At the end of the day they’re still the champs.

We all know things like this were going on across the league. Boston and NY have already been caught, and Boston won the WS in 2018, when they were known to have cheated. Is that “tainted” too?
    It’s really not. It’s the most tainted championship since the Black Sox. Your whataboutism is perplexing.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

All-District
    Blog Entries

You can call it tainted if you want. But the fun and excitement through the season will always be remembered !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    It’s really not. It’s the most tainted championship since the Black Sox. Your whataboutism is perplexing.
    Lol i don’t care at all about the Red Sox in 18. I’m just asking if he sees it the same way. I think it would be equally stupid to do so.

MLB needed a scapegoat, just like they needed bonds and McGuire and just like they blamed the ball manufacturer for the juiced balls...

Your naivety if you think this isn’t happening across the league is perplexing...

All-American

I cannot imagine a team less likable than the Houston Astros right now. Even as a lifelong Rangers fan, I never had anything against the Astros — even when we were beating the brakes off them and when they were beating the brakes off us. Hell, I wanted them to win the 2005 WS so bad.

But if there was even a semblance of sympathy or goodwill left coming into this season, it's been spent already, and it won't be enough to fuel any kind of redemption tour. This group is so unlikable, you can't even root for them as the villains. They're not even fun to watch as the bad guys. And poor Dusty is letting himself be dragged along, coming to the defense of a team he has no real connection to. It comes off as pandering more than genuine. Seems silly and unbelievable.

The only redeeming, entertaining quality about the Astros is the possibility of some merciless vigilante justice being dished out on any given night. It'll get worse if/when fans are allowed back too ... even if it's not until the 2021 season.
    Texas Forever.

They should hire hinch and luhnow back, embrace the hate and just go back to kicking everyone’s ass mercilessly again. We don’t need anyone outside of Houston to like the Astros

All-American

Lol not having Hinch and Luhnow isn’t keeping the Astros from kicking everyone’s ass right now. And there isn’t anything to do but embrace the hate, because it isn’t going anywhere. It’ll follow these players, right or wrong, for the rest of their careers.