Thread: McLennan County

All-American

Default McLennan County

Well, the genius at the County Health District decided for all 280,000 tax payers that he was flipping the UIL script and not allowing in-person instruction until after September 7th which means at minimum, the 4A and under high schools will miss 3 to 4 games. So for both 2A #1 Mart and 4A #1 La Vega, that's a big blow. Not to mention Robinson, China Spring, Lorena, Connally, Bosqueville, Crawford... Big time programs getting the shaft sucks!

All-American

Similar things effecting teams in Dallas and Tarrant Counties, as well, and plenty others I'm sure. My hunch is this is probably going to change. Some exceptions/concessions are going to be made that allow these teams to participate just like their contemporaries across the state. But who knows.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Similar things effecting teams in Dallas and Tarrant Counties, as well, and plenty others I'm sure. My hunch is this is probably going to change. Some exceptions/concessions are going to be made that allow these teams to participate just like their contemporaries across the state. But who knows.
    Scheduling could be challenging if that was the case. Cameron was scheduled to play Lago Vista until last week when Travis County suspended activities until September 7th. China Spring was the replacement up until that announcement yesterday. We're now locked in with Mexia.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Read that over 100 games between 4A and 5A got cancelled. 4A's all trying to find replacements.

All-American

Default McLennan County

UIL should have made a uniform decision to be honest. This was a CYA decision at best.

Imo UIL should have done away with non district competition.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

We gonna play La Vega week 1 of district. Will be our 6th game and coming off a bye. Will be their second.

We also have to replace Connally in non district.

All-State

McLennan County Health District order rescinded today: https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/mclenn...5FMPAQ-vNX2hIk

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by FB-fanatic View Post
    McLennan County Health District order rescinded today: https://www.kxxv.com/hometown/mclenn...5FMPAQ-vNX2hIk
    That's a big deal. Likely going to see other County Health Districts follow suit. This, obviously, comes on the heals of the Texas AG essentially telling the County Health Departments they had no authority to tell schools when they could open or shut down. They can still provide input, and that input should be thoroughly considered, but they can't shut anything down (except in very limited situations).
    Texas Forever.

All-District
    Blog Entries

McLennan County Health District order rescinded today: This sure cleared up a lot of problems for many schools.

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    McLennan County Health District order rescinded today: This sure cleared up a lot of problems for many schools.
    Now they just have to find games. I'm sure a lot of them will play each other at this point.

All-District
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=Yoe_09 ---Now they just have to find games. I'm sure a lot of them will play each other at this point.
    Want they play the teams they had scheduled ?

[QUOTE=stardog;1968067][QUOTE=Yoe_09 ---Now they just have to find games. I'm sure a lot of them will play each other at this point.
    Want they play the teams they had scheduled ?[/QUOTE]

Not sure on that. Cameron was scheduled to play China Spring before that order was handed down. Shortly thereafter scheduled Mexia. As far as I know, that has not changed. I'm sure a lot of other schools also scrambled and filled slots. There are probably some schools still looking...you may just get those neutral site type games like La Vega and WOS are doing this year.
    Last edited by Yoe_09; 07-30-2020 at 08:41 AM.

All-American

[QUOTE=Yoe_09;1968069]
    Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post

Not sure on that. Cameron was scheduled to play China Spring before that order was handed down. Shortly thereafter scheduled Mexia. As far as I know, that has not changed. I'm sure a lot of other schools also scrambled and filled slots. There are probably some schools still looking...you may just get those neutral site types games like La Vega and WOS are doing this year.
    I have not seen a final China Spring schedule but I do know that Brownwood is back on the schedule after having to drop that game. I can't imagine what the coaching staffs are going through...

All-District
    Blog Entries

After realignment don't schools set up home and home schedules with each and sign a contract for this. Did UIL release schools of these contracts where it appeared that there was cancellations.

Starter

The biggest goat screw in Texas HSFB history. The teams under the original county orders had to cancel numerous games. Now the order might be lifted and those teams might be clear to play, but new agreements have been reached by the original opponents and the affected schools like La Vega and Mart have to scramble to fill dates again.
    24 down ... 24 to go.