Starter

Default Back To The Future: Celina vs. Paul Pewitt

According to MaxPreps, Celina will host Omaha Paul Pewitt on Friday, Sept. 18. This will be their first meeting since the 2005 Class 2A Division II state championship game at Mesquite Memorial, a game Celina won, 28-12. Nathan Tune's QB "sprint to the tower" for the clinching score is one of the all-time highlights.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Twirling Time View Post
    According to MaxPreps, Celina will host Omaha Paul Pewitt on Friday, Sept. 18. This will be their first meeting since the 2005 Class 2A Division II state championship game at Mesquite Memorial, a game Celina won, 28-12. Nathan Tune's QB "sprint to the tower" for the clinching score is one of the all-time highlights.
    Was just talking about this with some other folks this weekend. A highlight-reel play at a clutch time in a heavyweight dogfight of a game. PP did a fantastic job of slowing down Chris Torbert and Chase Hall, so Nathan just sort of two over. I think he had a couple of rushing TDs in that one, if I remember correctly.

That was also, in my opinion, the best team Celina ever had. Ever. You could say the 2000 squad, and I wouldn't argue much. But pound-for-pound, I'd say 2005 was the best one among some great ones.

But what a game! I don't know if it'll be that close when the game's over this time around, but who knows!
    Texas Forever.