Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    There is legal precedent for suspension of personal liberties for safety of the general public....
    1905 Jacobsen vs Mass. SCOTUS ruling....

I think we will have football this fall but I do think attendance may be limited in some cases....I hope not but that's just my guess
    The good news in Gilmer is that we have been practicing social distancing on the home side of the stadium ever since Jeff Traylor left.

On many nights, the orange reserved seats in the middle are almost completely empty.

I never realized how much the support for Buckeye football was actually just a cult of personality centered on the charismatic coach until he departed.

Don’t get me wrong... I agree that games should be attended in person if you can.

That said, i live 2 hours from where I went to high school and it’s not practical for me to drive down there but once in a while. I’m lucky if I make a single game per year. Instead I go and watch some local games closer to home if there’s a good one. If I had a pay to watch option, I may put it up on the big screen and watch West Columbia’s game instead.

Or hell, if there’s a great game going on in west tx or north Texas I might pay to watch that as well. It’s feasible that you fill up the stands and collect revenue from TV broadcast as well for people who would’ve otherwise simply missed out

All-American

Dan Patrick says play ball with fans there.

https://twitter.com/MarkDavis/status...88493604655111

With a UIL waiver, it will be very easy for the local radio stations who broadcast the games, to use a tablet in their broadcast booth and live stream the video on Facebook Live. I have already had a conversation with our school district about being ready for that scenario.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBoots View Post
    With a UIL waiver, it will be very easy for the local radio stations who broadcast the games, to use a tablet in their broadcast booth and live stream the video on Facebook Live. I have already had a conversation with our school district about being ready for that scenario.

You're right there, Radio. The ubiquity of technology (especially iPads/Apple products) will afford plenty of opportunities for schools who don't and won't have the resources to do full-tilt broadcasts like some of the bigger/more affluent districts. This will be something, which is better than nothing.

That said, I would personally just take the usual radio broadcast over a Facebook Livestream from an iPad up in the press box. Again, that's a personal preference. If all you get is a FB Livestream, well that's a hell of a lot better than nothing.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Don’t get me wrong... I agree that games should be attended in person if you can.

That said, i live 2 hours from where I went to high school and it’s not practical for me to drive down there but once in a while. I’m lucky if I make a single game per year. Instead I go and watch some local games closer to home if there’s a good one. If I had a pay to watch option, I may put it up on the big screen and watch West Columbia’s game instead.

Or hell, if there’s a great game going on in west tx or north Texas I might pay to watch that as well. It’s feasible that you fill up the stands and collect revenue from TV broadcast as well for people who would’ve otherwise simply missed out

I hear you, Saggy. All good points. Living in Missouri, I would certainly pay to watch Celina games every Friday night. And like you, I'd love to be able to watch some games from all across the state. It's certainly something for the UIL to think about. This pandemic will certainly change a lot of things in our culture, but with regards to TXHSFB, we could see a big paradigm shift in the digital access we have to games now.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

The Governor just gave the okay to a lot of sports activities as of May 31.

I believe we may see some unofficial 7on7 competitions next month. I hope so anyhow.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post

I believe we may see some unofficial 7on7 competitions next month. I hope so anyhow.

That's a good sign! Certainly appears that things are trending in the right direction. I'm hopeful as ever that there will be a full TX HSFB season this fall.
    Texas Forever.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post

Agree, great news

https://twitter.com/ATXANT10/status/...838965253?s=09