Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
Cameras are fairly inexpensive and there are countless thousands of individuals with football expertise and time on their hands.
That's true about cameras, but expertise might be lacking a little, present company excluded. There's still nothing like seeing a game live. You do a very good job with videoing highlights..., MUCH better than the Etex cameraman who can't get close enough to see the action or loses his attention.

I wouldn't think every high school would produce a livestream. I just think it should be allowed for those schools who have enough demand to warrant one.
Most schools have good enough internet to livestream, just not enough expertise. If I can't go to a game live I always listen to the livestream. There's many towns that wouldn't have a very high demand because they don't have a winning program.

Frankly, there might not be enough interest in Gilmer to warrant one anymore.
Interest has waned quite a bit in Gilmer, but I think Coach Metzel can get that interest back if he can produce what we were used to seeing under Jeff (discipline, mental toughness, and commitment to excellence). I think the talent is there to win against teams like PG and Carthage most years. Coaching makes a huge difference with all other things close to equal. Even with the "struggles" we've had the last couple of years I still think there is plenty of interest for livestreaming Buckeye games. I can't say that about most towns.