Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Correct me if i'm wrong but what I've heard or understood is due to RGV teams not able to hit the field til Sept 28 they were required two weeks of practice before they could play a game so they would have to forfeit district games with district games already started in original schedule.

Normal season 2 from RGV and 2 from Coastal Bend would of been most likely teams. RH/Ray and Sin/RF. This open it up for WO and Ingleside for one of them to get in and gives PI a shot of beating RH or Raymondville to finish at maybe a 3 way tie.

Sinton loses all 3 home games and good luck in finding a game til district which could be idle for a month. RF found one still needs 2 rest still looking.

All this could change for both, RGV teams could get judge order to stay closed longer and our area get shut down also. For now this is how 2020 season is.
    Put it to you this way, 2020 sucks.

Bring on 2021.

And yeah, I only just found out today about the Cameron Co. judge extending the workout ban to the 28th. I assume Willacy Co. is the same if this is affecting Raymondville the same as it's affecting Rio Hondo & Port Isabel.

But still, what I don't understand is why the Coastal Bend teams don't seem willing to play 2 games a week rather than just 1. Please correct me if I'm wrong on this, but isn't there a South Texas 3A district that is going to play 2 games a week? Tuesdays & Fridays? I believe I read that somewhere, but don't recall exactly which 3A district it is.

Sinton has found one replacement game so far, Sept 25th at home vs La Vernia.

Sub varsity and varsity scrimmage
    Next scrimmage: @ Calallen Aug 20th

Interesting choice of song.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Nice. Good looking receiver.
    I see Texans have one also around that size with speed, looked good in video i saw from the intra squad scrimmage .

Yes we do. Great season last year. State qualifier in the hurdles. Starting to get some hard looks from the DI colleges.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Just saw a Tweet by the Caller Times that Ingleside has suspended all football activities indefinitely due to an athlete receiving a positive COVID-19 test.

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    Just saw a Tweet by the Caller Times that Ingleside has suspended all football activities indefinitely due to an athlete receiving a positive COVID-19 test.
    Testing done not sure if its just once a week, everyone for Sinton team got tested and clear for scrimmage against Calallen on Friday. All it takes for one to come back positive and then possible quarantine. Really going to be tough to complete a season or playoff would be worst if it happen then.

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    Ingleside Mustang Athletics posted on Facebook that it is an isolated case and all quarantine procedures are in place. Practice starts back up today. 8/20/20

Live qtr
    Calallen scores as time runs out, extra point good.
    Calallen 7 Sinton 0
    Total td scored for scrimmage combine Calallen 3 Sinton 2
    Scrimmages over..... Next up week 1 at Orange Grove
    (Some Sinton highlights from the scrimmage)

All-American

Sinton looks salty. That receiver is going to have a heck of a year. Both QBs looked like they could scoot, too. I was impressed with how physical they looked against Calallen. I'd say, overall, that's a good scrimmage for the Pirates. Should get a nice season-opening W next week against OG.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Sinton looks salty. That receiver is going to have a heck of a year. Both QBs looked like they could scoot, too. I was impressed with how physical they looked against Calallen. I'd say, overall, that's a good scrimmage for the Pirates. Should get a nice season-opening W next week against OG.
    It was good to see D held up good against that type of offense through most of the scrimmage. Sinton 1st D look good in first set and Sinton 1st offense went down the field in opening series should have scored but drop ball in end zone kept it scoreless. Scuffle broke out after that play to pick up the intensity for both sides.

I don't think there was no injuries for either side so good scrimmage for both. Some good crowd size for Sinton in both scrimmages being spread out makes it look more full lol.

Ingleside vs Corpus Christi Miller scrimmage

Bay City at West Oso scrimmage

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Ingleside vs Corpus Christi Miller scrimmage

Really though this scrimmage would have been more lopsided. Miller has a really good program since they got a new coach a few years back and Ingleside hasn't even been able to spell fooball the last 5 years. Mustangs have anew defensive coach and I can see trhe difference, They were actually trying to tackle. Offense looked like they may have a clue also..