Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post
    That team was so very fortunate to beat Navarro in the 3rd round... I'll always believe my Panthers were the better team in that game..
    We'll agree to disagree, though to be fair, that Port Isabel 2012 team performed way above expectations that year.

As for Port Isabel's 2020 schedule, PI has lost all 3 of their non-district games. Two of them were 5A clubs, and the other was TAPPS 5A. Unless PI is able to reschedule something, it looks like it's just going to be district games for Port Isabel this season.

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    We'll agree to disagree, though to be fair, that Port Isabel 2012 team performed way above expectations that year.

As for Port Isabel's 2020 schedule, PI has lost all 3 of their non-district games. Two of them were 5A clubs, and the other was TAPPS 5A. Unless PI is able to reschedule something, it looks like it's just going to be district games for Port Isabel this season.
    i listen to Rio sports webcast where it had RH coach in it and he mention that coastal bend teams had consider going to zone districts if valley schools couldn't start their season right away so there be no advantage in coastal bend teams having few games already by the time valley schools got going. So that may be out there but for now haven't heard it anywhere else.

Sinton starting 5 sophomores on defense. 2 were starters last year as freshman.

Sinton has some youth to build around with and lot of them saw action last season.

All-American

Hardly seems fair that the Coastal Bend area teams get to be on the field while the RGV kids are still stuck at home and are doing Zoom meetings, but it is what it is. The RGV is a massive Covid-19 hotspot, especially Cameron & Hidalgo Counties.

I know Port Isabel is trying to set up a non-district game with Santa Rosa (3A DII), but with the virus still a massive problem, it's still very much in the air if Port Isabel will even get that game in.

As for Willacy Co. (Raymondville), I don't think their virus counts are anywhere near as severe as Cameron Co. (Port Isabel & Rio Hondo) but I don't know what their non-district looks like except for Kingsville (4A D1). I know they have La Feria (4A D1) but La Feria is in Cameron Co. so the start of their season is also delayed.

Hardly seems fair that the Coastal Bend area teams get to be on the field while the RGV kids are still stuck at home and are doing Zoom meetings, but it is what it is. The RGV is a massive Covid-19 hotspot, especially Cameron & Hidalgo Counties.

I know Port Isabel is trying to set up a non-district game with Santa Rosa (3A DII), but with the virus still a massive problem, it's still very much in the air if Port Isabel will even get that game in.

As for Willacy Co. (Raymondville), I don't think their virus counts are anywhere near as severe as Cameron Co. (Port Isabel & Rio Hondo) but I don't know what their non-district looks like except for Kingsville (4A D1). I know they have La Feria (4A D1) but La Feria is in Cameron Co. so the start of their season is also delayed.
    yea, coastal bend right behind valley counties things can change at any time.

Hoping he gets to show his ability with a full season his senior year, breakout season coming.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    yea, coastal bend right behind valley counties things can change at any time.
    I'll be perfectly blunt, then.

Why are the Coastal Bend teams even having in-person practices to begin with? Yes, I'm as liberal as they come and feel free to mock me for it. But you have to admit, this is putting the kids of the Coastal Bend at risk, especially if a family member of one of the kids has the virus and doesn' t know it. They could potentially spread it to their teammates and coaches.

I'll be perfectly blunt, then.

Why are the Coastal Bend teams even having in-person practices to begin with? Yes, I'm as liberal as they come and feel free to mock me for it. But you have to admit, this is putting the kids of the Coastal Bend at risk, especially if a family member of one of the kids has the virus and doesn' t know it. They could potentially spread it to their teammates and coaches.
    3a Taft had one practice and now whole team is quarantine for 2 weeks after one tested positive after practice. What's the saying it is what it is... JK . My brother ended up quarantine for a month, lives in Houston and recently my co tech worker tested positive so he has been quarantine, lives in Portland. I'm out every week in coastal bend and go to most of the schools. Mask up with at least N95 mask to protect yourself and others best you can. So far looks ok to me with alot of places i go to check your temperature before entering a place where they can least suspect if somebody might not be safe to enter.

Hoping for a safe season for all once things get rolling.

Just notice one of the Fr saw playing time when called up, #62 Logan Dewald at DT along with #88 Jaquae Steward at DT and #21 Tyler Ramirez OLB. Here is the 3 on one play against Navarro in round 3 of playoffs last season. #19 Cooper Dockens TE,MLB started at TE when in a formation with a TE last season. Not sure who the 5th sophomore starter for this season is but there is several from unbeaten Fr team i could see being on varsity this coming season.

All-American

3a Taft had one practice and now whole team is quarantine for 2 weeks after one tested positive after practice. What's the saying it is what it is... JK . My brother ended up quarantine for a month, lives in Houston and recently my co tech worker tested positive so he has been quarantine, lives in Portland. I'm out every week in coastal bend and go to most of the schools. Mask up with at least N95 mask to protect yourself and others best you can. So far looks ok to me with alot of places i go to check your temperature before entering a place where they can least suspect if somebody might not be safe to enter.

Hoping for a safe season for all once things get rolling.
    Add Skidmore-Tynan to that list. They stopped all Football & Volleyball activities after two of their kids tested positive for COVID-19.

From a good source from Rockport:

Several changes in Rockport’s District Games. With the Valley Teams (Rio Hondo, Raymondville and Port Isabel) delaying the start of their Season the following changes are being made:

1. Port Isabel, Raymondville and Rio Hondo will play each other for one Playoff Spot.

2. Rockport, Sinton, Ingleside, West Oso and Robstown will play each other for 3 Playoff Spots.

All-American

From a good source from Rockport:

Several changes in Rockport’s District Games. With the Valley Teams (Rio Hondo, Raymondville and Port Isabel) delaying the start of their Season the following changes are being made:

1. Port Isabel, Raymondville and Rio Hondo will play each other for one Playoff Spot.

2. Rockport, Sinton, Ingleside, West Oso and Robstown will play each other for 3 Playoff Spots.
    So now Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, and Raymondville are all down to just a 2-game schedule. What's the point of even having a season anymore? Why aren't the Coastal Bend teams willing to play 2 games a week like one of the area 3A Districts is doing?

Congrats, Coastal Bend! You've essentially eliminated most of the competition from the RGV without even lifting a finger.

So now Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, and Raymondville are all down to just a 2-game schedule. What's the point of even having a season anymore? Why aren't the Coastal Bend teams willing to play 2 games a week like one of the area 3A Districts is doing?

Congrats, Coastal Bend! You've essentially eliminated most of the competition from the RGV without even lifting a finger.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but what I've heard or understood is due to RGV teams not able to hit the field til Sept 28 they were required two weeks of practice before they could play a game so they would have to forfeit district games with district games already started in original schedule.

Normal season 2 from RGV and 2 from Coastal Bend would of been most likely teams. RH/Ray and Sin/RF. This open it up for WO and Ingleside for one of them to get in and gives PI a shot of beating RH or Raymondville to finish at maybe a 3 way tie.

Sinton loses all 3 home games and good luck in finding a game til district which could be idle for a month. RF found one still needs 2 rest still looking.

All this could change for both, RGV teams could get judge order to stay closed longer and our area get shut down also. For now this is how 2020 season is.
    Last edited by SintonFan_inAustin; 08-13-2020 at 09:10 PM.