Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    So now Port Isabel, Rio Hondo, and Raymondville are all down to just a 2-game schedule. What's the point of even having a season anymore? Why aren't the Coastal Bend teams willing to play 2 games a week like one of the area 3A Districts is doing?

Congrats, Coastal Bend! You've essentially eliminated most of the competition from the RGV without even lifting a finger.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but what I've heard or understood is due to RGV teams not able to hit the field til Sept 28 they were required two weeks of practice before they could play a game so they would have to forfeit district games with district games already started in original schedule.

Normal season 2 from RGV and 2 from Coastal Bend would of been most likely teams. RH/Ray and Sin/RF. This open it up for WO and Ingleside for one of them to get in and gives PI a shot of beating RH or Raymondville to finish at maybe a 3 way tie.

Sinton loses all 3 home games and good luck in finding a game til district which could be idle for a month. RF found one still needs 2 rest still looking.

All this could change for both, RGV teams could get judge order to stay closed longer and our area get shut down also. For now this is how 2020 season is.
    Last edited by SintonFan_inAustin; 08-13-2020 at 09:10 PM.