Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1st and goal View Post

I was going to try and make a joke about this, but I figured panfan would misunderstand it and get all bent out of shape.
    You Talking to Me?

It's leap year folks.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Its tomorrow
    Are you sure it isn’t Monday the 25th?

All-American

All six football appeals were denied today...

All-District

Not surprised. Would have taken too many changes.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Gontex View Post
    Not surprised. Would have taken too many changes.
    Not to mention your asking a governing agency to police itself... can you imagine expecting the NCAA to actually change their mind after an appeal? I cant.... But the UIL and the NCAA have something in common...

They both SUCK

Junior Varsity

My hope is that the Panthers and the Texans can both beat the joke teams so badly that it sends them back to where they came from (peewee)... I have heard that Coach Blount plans to never let off the gas in those games.... Like Refugio style. To the point of 100 to 0... I'm all for it! When the losers start to complain about poor sportsmanship I'll just point my finger right at the UIL
    Last edited by SaltySixes; 02-25-2020 at 07:05 PM.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post
    My hope is that the Panthers and the Texans can both beat the joke teams so badly that it sends them back to where they came from (peewee)... I have heard that Coach Blount plans to never let off the gas in those games.... Like Refugio style. To the point of 100 to 0... I'm all for it! When the losers start to complain about poor sportsmanship I'll just point my finger right at the UIL
    Yup....we tried man, we tried. I don't want to hear any whining in this state about the final score.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySixes View Post
    Not to mention your asking a governing agency to police itself... can you imagine expecting the NCAA to actually change their mind after an appeal? I cant.... But the UIL and the NCAA have something in common...

They both SUCK
    I'm not sure the UIL "sucks" they aren't perfect...but take a look at what some of the other states have..

Junior Varsity

I'm not sure the UIL "sucks" they aren't perfect...but take a look at what some of the other states have..
    That's fair, they do provide a solid platform that allows schools to compete at a consistently high level... (except in this instance)... in our situation I just dont see how they can defend placing all 4 of the worst 4a teams in the same district. Not to mention they span 2 entirely different cities. It seems to me that they decided to just consolidate the terrible and not dilute any extra districts... what will they do when the miserable teams decide to not even participate next season? We will see...
    Last edited by SaltySixes; 02-25-2020 at 09:32 PM.

All-District

I saw today what Wimbo/Navarro proposed to the UIL. It would have put Gonzales in a very tenuous position of having to nearly completely redo the schedule. Apache would probably have ended up with only 8 or 9 games the next two years.

Junior Varsity

I saw today what Wimbo/Navarro proposed to the UIL. It would have put Gonzales in a very tenuous position of having to nearly completely redo the schedule. Apache would probably have ended up with only 8 or 9 games the next two years.
    That actually sounds pretty good... we only have 6

All-District

Truth. I have friends who have coached in other states where their version of theUIL is weak, and the private schools have taken over those states because of it.

The UIL made a mistake here and I suspect they know they did, but fixing it now would inconvenience too many other schools. Like I said earlier, I think Wimberley and Navarro knew their appeal had very little chance of being granted, and the main purpose of the appeal was to let the UIL know of the problem so they didn't repeat the mistake in 2022.

Junior Varsity

The biggest issue is sub varsity. Navarro/Wimbo have no one to play at the sub varsity level for most of District play. That really sucks for those kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 10ForTheWin View Post
    The biggest issue is sub varsity. Navarro/Wimbo have no one to play at the sub varsity level for most of District play. That really sucks for those kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There will be some schools with B, C, and (maybe) D teams looking for games - the coaching community is tight - someone will reach out and offer them a game