Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    All-District

Default Wimberley, Navarro appeal district realighment to UIL

Anybody hear any results of this appeal yet?

All-District

No, scoop. When it comes public, someone will post about it. That's how it works.

It's on the 25th.

Junior Varsity

I’m not getting my hopes up tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letterman

Explain please. Why are they appealing

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Letterman

O wow! Makes sense now. Thanks. That’s terrible and how did uil convince themself it was. Good idea.

All-American

its in incredible long shot to get approved

All-District

The UIL rarely does the sensible thing.

Junior Varsity

Wimbo and Navarro will just have to btho these teams for two years straight and maybe they’ll decide public school ball ain’t for them. I’m saying don’t pull starters until the 4Q

All-American

Wimberley and Navarro from what I understand aren't appealing to move...what they want is others in their district to move and move other teams into the district....way too many moving parts and the schools who Wimberley and Navarro are asking to move probably dont want to move

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Wimberley and Navarro from what I understand aren't appealing to move...what they want is others in their district to move and move other teams into the district....way too many moving parts and the schools who Wimberley and Navarro are asking to move probably dont want to move
    This is correct, it’s not a typical appeal. The appeal is to disband and redo the district alignment.

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJMbrahmas10 View Post
    O wow! Makes sense now. Thanks. That’s terrible and how did uil convince themself it was. Good idea.
    Yes, it is terrible. Austin Achieve: was not only a 6 man football team last year but was the worst in their district....they did beat the heck out of Smoking for Jesus ministry last year . Now they're playing 4A div. 2 football. Wait....what..4A??? New Tech: not only got beat but Donkey stomped by every team they played last year except for Eastside Memorial who they beat the tar out of. This gives perspective on just how bad Eastside Memorial really is. Finally there's Young Men's Leadership Academy: Never had a varsity football team so we'll just have to see how that goes, Um....yeah. For Navarro and Wimbo these won't even be blowouts but total mismatches. Unfortunately, I can see the UIL changing anything regardless of the protests.

I've talked with a few of my friends and we, more than likely, won't be going the these games. Hey thanks UIL.

Thought?

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    Yes, it is terrible. Austin Achieve: was not only a 6 man football team last year but was the worst in their district....they did beat the heck out of Smoking for Jesus ministry last year . Now they're playing 4A div. 2 football. Wait....what..4A??? New Tech: not only got beat but Donkey stomped by every team they played last year except for Eastside Memorial who they beat the tar out of. This gives perspective on just how bad Eastside Memorial really is. Finally there's Young Men's Leadership Academy: Never had a varsity football team so we'll just have to see how that goes, Um....yeah. For Navarro and Wimbo these won't even be blowouts but total mismatches. Unfortunately, I can see the UIL changing anything regardless of the protests.

I've talked with a few of my friends and we, more than likely, won't be going the these games. Hey thanks UIL.

Thought?
    The UIL needs a policy that you can't advance more than 2 levels unless you're a new school drawing enrollment from other schools.
    So YMLA starts at 2A regardless of enrollment, and so would have Eastside 2 years ago.
    Achieve could play 3A this season.

But again, the Deion Sanders who create charter schools for football ruin stuff like this.

UIL, put these teams where they belong, intramural two below leagues. Good grief.
    YnoT us?

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    The UIL needs a policy that you can't advance more than 2 levels unless you're a new school drawing enrollment from other schools.
    So YMLA starts at 2A regardless of enrollment, and so would have Eastside 2 years ago.
    Achieve could play 3A this season.

But again, the Deion Sanders who create charter schools for football ruin stuff like this.
    Eastside has been around since the 60's as Johnston. Thanks to AISD's district fixing to send a large part of this area west to SFA has made Eastside so miserable. Don't know if things will change when the new school for EM will open. BTW most of the 5A schools in Austin aren't much better.