Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-District

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    You could trade Manor Tech and Achieve -- both of them are in Manor, IIRC, which is closer to Navasota than Gonz or Cuero. I assume you'd have to get all 4 schools to sign off on that, which I suspect would be difficult.
    Didn't know the location of Achieve, but doubt the others would all go along with this.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    There's not a solution. I think this is just sabre-rattling to let the UIL know that there's a big problem with this and that it had better not happen again with the 2022 realignment.

The UIL will tell both programs to grin and bear it for two years and promise that 2022 won't be a repeat.

What the UIL needs to do is spend the two years coming up with a fair, consistent policy on how to classify charter schools. That's a tough problem because you have charter schools like the ones in this district that don't even have subvarsity programs, but you also have charter schools like that one Deion Sanders started that exist solely for football.
    This is my bet. Wimbo and Navarro will have to do their part to show that Achieve and YMLA aren’t ready for true 4a ball and I predict they’ll go back to whatever they were doing before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 10ForTheWin View Post
    This is my bet. Wimbo and Navarro will have to do their part to show that Achieve and YMLA aren’t ready for true 4a ball and I predict they’ll go back to whatever they were doing before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's ironic is two of those four will make the playoffs and one will probably have a winning record.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by ogg View Post
    What's ironic is two of those four will make the playoffs and one will probably have a winning record.
    Which is why there's no way either of them sign off on switching districts with Cuero and Gonzales.

All-State

happens around the Houston area every alignment... someone has to play the hisd and kipp school districts... think it was sweeny and them in D2 and navasota and them in D1