Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scoops Poop

Default Scoops Poop

I know we asked this before, but - Scoop can you please place all your basketball, soccer, tennis, track, baseball, etc in a certain heading for that individual sport? IE: If its basketball related, put in the topic heading of: Basketball. If it's tennis related: Tennis. All these threads for each game they play is annoying.

Thanks for helping us out Scoop. Love your past sports writing coming out, just lump them together in their respective separate topic heading. Thank you so much.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    I know we asked this before, but - Scoop can you please place all your basketball, soccer, tennis, track, baseball, etc in a certain heading for that individual sport? IE: If its basketball related, put in the topic heading of: Basketball. If it's tennis related: Tennis. All these threads for each game they play is annoying.

Thanks for helping us out Scoop. Love your past sports writing coming out, just lump them together in their respective separate topic heading. Thank you so much.
    Good luck.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-District

He doesn't give a ****. His goal is to have every post on the first page.

All-American

I'm just posting topics that others might be interested in.
    No one else is posting topics on a regular basis

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    I'm just posting topics that others might be interested in.
    No one else is posting topics on a regular basis
    Guess what?

Nobody is interested!
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by oldtownag View Post
    Guess what?

Nobody is interested!
    Actually some people are. This has been discussed over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by RkptFltn View Post
    Would still be better suited and create a much cleaner board if the topics were categorized and updated weekly rather than having a million separate posts every week.

Quality over quantity...

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by RkptFltn View Post
    Look at how many of his threads have zero replies. Interested people reply.

All-American

My posts are 4A district information like scores to be viewed-Not so much as to post responses. I will gladly post new topics that may warrant a reply. I'm saving your time to find out who wins and loses that search Max Preps has. Otherwise I get my scores from newspapers, coaches and sports broadcasters on radio stations.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    My posts are 4A district information like scores to be viewed-Not so much as to post responses. I will gladly post new topics that may warrant a reply. I'm saving your time to find out who wins and loses that search Max Preps has. Otherwise I get my scores from newspapers, coaches and sports broadcasters on radio stations.
    I think everyone understands the WHY here, Scoop. Nobody's really ever questioned your intentions. No one thinks you're out to sabotage the Downlow. The only thing we've been saying ALL ALONG is just have a SINGLE thread for your scores. One thread. Just one. Update that thread as often as you would like with whatever outlier scores you'd like, I mean update that thing to hell and gone. Until your heart is full. But there's no need to create a full page of threads that have marginal interest, AT BEST, when you could easily just have a running thread that you update. And for those people who are interested ... those unicorns we've heard about but have never seen ... they can reply to that single thread and tell us all about how interested they are in such things.
    Texas Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    I think everyone understands the WHY here, Scoop. Nobody's really ever questioned your intentions. No one thinks you're out to sabotage the Downlow. The only thing we've been saying ALL ALONG is just have a SINGLE thread for your scores. One thread. Just one. Update that thread as often as you would like with whatever outlier scores you'd like, I mean update that thing to hell and gone. Until your heart is full. But there's no need to create a full page of threads that have marginal interest, AT BEST, when you could easily just have a running thread that you update. And for those people who are interested ... those unicorns we've heard about but have never seen ... they can reply to that single thread and tell us all about how interested they are in such things.

What he said

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Would still be better suited and create a much cleaner board if the topics were categorized and updated weekly rather than having a million separate posts every week.

Quality over quantity...
    I agree 100% that scoop should find a way to post so that it is not flooding the forum. My comment was not arguing against that, i just stated that some people, including myself, are interested in some of scoops posts.

Letterman

Why not have forums for each sport? Or at least for football, basketball and baseball?
    I have forgotten as much as I have remembered, so where does that leave me?

Quote Originally Posted by AggiesAreWe View Post
    Why not have forums for each sport? Or at least for football, basketball and baseball?
    We’ve explored that and those forums get so little traffic that it becomes pointless.... and it wouldn’t solve the problem of scoop’s lack of efficiency... it would just move it elsewhere

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    We’ve explored that and those forums get so little traffic that it becomes pointless.... and it wouldn’t solve the problem of scoop’s lack of efficiency... it would just move it elsewhere
    That might work, actually.

When I was younger, and my friends would come over to play Golden Eye or 1080 or Mario Kart on the N64, my little brother would always want to play. Naturally, I'd give him a controller ... that wasn't plugged in. He would push the buttons and move the joystick around and he would laugh and cut up with us, and he always had a great time, none the wiser. We could employ a similar tactic here.
    Texas Forever.