Thread: Xfl

All-District

Default Xfl

Is anyone excited about this, or are all like I with a giant whiff about this next soon to be defunct outfit?

All-District

I wrote this on Facebook when the AAF folded:

On a serious tip, let me add. You know, every time a new spring league formulates, we as fans get excited to the nth degree. Social media just explodes with excitement and support and folks eat it up. But the truth of the matter is, the percentage of fans actually excited are equivalent to 1 to 2 eggs of an entire dozen. The rest of the sports world, country (the remaining eggs) could care less. We like to think the NFL has a monopoly on pro football. They really don't. The USFL, WLAF, Arena FL, AAF, XFL, and UFL existed with a network deal. Yet all failed. Why? The country doesn't want the product. Yes many, including I, want it. But we are not enough to sustain it. Yes the folks in San Antonio and San Diego bought tickets. But they were only 25% of the league. Not even league leading Orlando could boast of such crowds. To survive, a new pro football league is going to have to play in the fall and live within its own cocoon. Oh wait, the UFL tried that, never mind! If I were going to make a large investment a spring pro football league would not be one of them. I think it was smart of the XFL to see how the AAF fared before it launched its brand. If ol' Vinnie Mac is as smart as I think he is, he's probably rethinking this thing. The NFL in my opinion has plateaued. Folks are now putting their kids and soccer and other ventures. And with the money Trout received, baseball is going to become the next option. Now I do want to say to anyone out there who still wants to invest in a spring pro football league, save your money invest in this new idea I have. I'm going to pitch every major municipality in the United States about placing barbecue & wings restaurants on the backseat of city buses. Imagine, people won't have to get off the bus to find something to eat nor will they have to pay a separate fair to get back on. We'll rake in millions!

This thread says it all. We are not interested in the XFL

It got us "He Hates Me" didn't it?
    YnoT us?