Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys

Default Cowboys

Maybe next year lol

In all seriousness, you better get Matt Rhule

I think the Jason Garrett experiment has run its course. It's time for some major changes in the coaching staff, including the head coach. The only problem is Jerry Jones has to have a "yes" man, which will always be a hindrance to getting a real winner.

A message that needs to be LOUD AND CLEAR to Jerry Jones: LET THE COACHES COACH and the rest will fall into place with the right man.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Jerry needs to fire his General Manager...

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Maybe next year lol

In all seriousness, you better get Matt Rhule
    everybody is until next year lol!! playoffs start next year

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Jerry is not the problem.

no. 1 offense and around top 10 defense. Cowboys didn't get that kind of play through out the game, players seem to coach themselves they knew best. Need coach and coaching staff to take control of this talented group.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Jerry is not the problem.

no. 1 offense and around top 10 defense. Cowboys didn't get that kind of play through out the game, players seem to coach themselves they knew best. Need coach and coaching staff to take control of this talented group.
    Point taken but I respectfully disagree. Do agree that Garrett needs to go (unless you want to average 8-8 for 5 more years), but this same scenario keeps playing out over and over again--started well before Garrett. Problem is that Jerry is not going to hire a coach and let him run the team--he will hire another yes man.

Point taken but I respectfully disagree. Do agree that Garrett needs to go (unless you want to average 8-8 for 5 more years), but this same scenario keeps playing out over and over again--started well before Garrett. Problem is that Jerry is not going to hire a coach and let him run the team--he will hire another yes man.
    EXACTLY! Jerry just needs to hire capable coaches, and let THEM coach, while he takes a step back to let the x and o people run the show. Either that, or name himself head coach because he knows football better than anybody..., right? If he hired himself as HC, he would see that he doesn't know nearly as much as the people around him.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-District
    Blog Entries

Probably. To me the single biggest problem is Dak Prescott, remember 2016 when Dak was playing lights out and Jason Garrett was coach of the year. Most teams these days go where the QB goes and the Cowboys are no exception. Dak's oline this year has been healthy for the most part.....he's been sacked 20 less times this year over last year, yet his play sucked. He had 10 bad passes against Philly last week. People argue for him always bring up his super 2019 stats, but hell that's against s*** teams like NYG, Washingtom ...

3rd in the league passing, 5th rushing, 1st total yards per game. The o-line has not been that healthy. Martin and Smith both fighting ankle and back issues all season. Williams lost in week 10. Frederick is not quite back to being Frederick just yet. The o-line did not play well against Philly.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Imagine the poverty of not making the playoffs....

All-District
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    3rd in the league passing, 5th rushing, 1st total yards per game. The o-line has not been that healthy. Martin and Smith both fighting ankle and back issues all season. Williams lost in week 10. Frederick is not quite back to being Frederick just yet. The o-line did not play well against Philly.
    Not sure what you're trying to get across? Playing a laundry list of bad NFL teams will allow for good offensive stats like above. Are you suggesting that Moore's a genius in play calling? Garrett's motivational clapping and chest bumping got the stats good? Or is it the laser accuracy of Dak throwing those "tight window" completions? BTW, all NFL teams have banged up lineman, Williams never has produced since draft. Did you have Travis over for dinner? I mean.....how do you know he's not "quiet back"? Did he tell you? Dak (the anchor) Prescott did not play well against Philly.....did you even watch the game?

Wow, we don't all have to agree, right? Dak was off against Philly for sure. I never was on the Moore bandwagon. As far as Frederick, I do have an understanding about the disease, more than you know. You just don't bounce back that quickly. We had tomahawk ribeyes, damn good too. Williams, the guy is 22, he'll be fine.

Dak had an injury to the shoulder of his throwing arm. That was a big part of his being "off" on some of his throws the last couple of games. I think this year's Cowboy team had some critical injuries at inopportune times. That's no excuse, just a fact. Depth on the O-line was one problem, poor execution offensively was another, and the defense was nowhere near this year as what it was just last season. There is not a doubt in my mind that this Cowboy team is the most talented group they've had in many years. They just underperformed, and I think that falls on the coaching staff. JMO.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Cowboys had a relatively healthy season from an outsiders point of view. Dak, Zeke, Cooper, all in there the whole season?

You ought to be able to overcome other players missing a game here or there

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-fre...4421--nfl.html