All-American

Default Schools that are and were still in football playoffs haven't played a basketball yet

Are any teams that are still in the football playoffs or just got eliminated played a basketball game yet?
    I brought up this topic last year as East Bernard hasn't played a basketball game yet. I know Columbus has played only one game acording to Max Preps.
    Doubt this happens much in the higher classifications. EB was scheduled to play at the Brazos Tournament in Wallis this week but doubt they will play in it

I'm pretty sure Falls City & Refugio have not played a basketball game yet

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

All-District

Kudos to Columbus for doing things right. Schools that don’t hoop just because football is ongoing should be ashamed. Promote all sports! I do understand that at very small schools it may not be possible to hoop till football playoffs are over but every effort should be made.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Kudos to Columbus for doing things right. Schools that don’t hoop just because football is ongoing should be ashamed. Promote all sports! I do understand that at very small schools it may not be possible to hoop till football playoffs are over but every effort should be made.
    :

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-American

This is almost solely effects the small schools. It's not that effort isn't being made. In most cases, it's quite literally because the basketball team is still playing football. In Celina's heyday, that's the case, I know for sure. There literally was not a basketball team until Christmas during the state championship seasons, especially from 98-01 during the streak. All the effort in the world could've been made and it still would not have mattered.
    Texas Forever.

All-District

d0tc0m I am totally with you and get it. I do know of some schools where they don’t allow the pumpkins to be aired up until after football even when they have an entire basketball team that doesn’t play football. No offseason hoops or anything. Those are the places that get my goat.

The Texans have played several games with 6-7 kids and a game or two with just 5 but they play the games.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    This is almost solely effects the small schools. It's not that effort isn't being made. In most cases, it's quite literally because the basketball team is still playing football. In Celina's heyday, that's the case, I know for sure. There literally was not a basketball team until Christmas during the state championship seasons, especially from 98-01 during the streak. All the effort in the world could've been made and it still would not have mattered.
    There were some instances not that long ago where Celina's first practice was literally its first post-Christmas tournament game. They played in the football finals then ran into the 5-day UIL-mandated dead period. Couldn't practice.
    24 down ... 24 to go.

All-American

The East Bernard boys basketball team beat Cuero 57-56 in a tournament game last weekend which was only their second game of the season.