Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carthage

11 39.29%
  • Lampasas

17 60.71%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    After reading C&C’s posts, I don’t know why Lampassas even needs to show up.
    Its difficult to read but he has a point you know!
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

....I'm taking the Mustelidae family.....and for you dumbasses who don't know......The Mustelidae are a family of carnivorous mammals, including weasels, BADGERS, otters, ferrets, martens, minks, and wolverines, among others.......
    which got me to thinkin'......are their any badgers in Lamp? Like for real? .....are they edible?....do they stink?.....do they bite?.....do they make good pets?......If they do make good pets, do they need their anal glands expressed every month like my dachshund does?.....can a badger be trained?....to sit?......where's Rocket Man when I need answers???........

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oldtownag View Post
    Its difficult to read but he has a point you know!
    what is the point - that carthage is/are world beaters? Don't we hear that every year from an unnamed poster. Geez to look at that other board, the previous poster was correct, why should Lampasas even show up. Or do we just chalk this up to over enthusiastic fan support.
    You Talking to Me?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    ....I'm taking the Mustelidae family.....and for you dumbasses who don't know......The Mustelidae are a family of carnivorous mammals, including weasels, BADGERS, otters, ferrets, martens, minks, and wolverines, among others.......
    which got me to thinkin'......are their any badgers in Lamp? Like for real? .....are they edible?....do they stink?.....do they bite?.....do they make good pets?......If they do make good pets, do they need their anal glands expressed every month like my dachshund does?.....can a badger be trained?....to sit?......where's Rocket Man when I need answers???........

.....this is all Greendawg's fault!.....
    Badgers are mean sum bitches. damn near fell in a badger hole last summer and broke my leg - I guess for Bulldogs just gotta watch out for land mines in the backyard.
    You Talking to Me?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    Badgers are mean sum bitches. damn near fell in a badger hole last summer and broke my leg - I guess for Bulldogs just gotta watch out for land mines in the backyard.
    He's right........Badgers don't do to mess with. Some say pound for pound the most ferocious animal on Earth.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    He's right........Badgers don't do to mess with. Some say pound for pound the most ferocious animal on Earth.
    No the Chigger is pound for pound the most ferocious but the Honey Badger is second.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lypzAsyZ3ww this link suitable for family audiences

(Cam will like to take note on the reversible anal pouch feature the Honey Badger employs on its adversaries).

I think I’m going to go to this game

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I think I’m going to go to this game
    Me too

I must say I'm a little surprised by the poll. Is Lampasas really that good? I know it's really hard to compare different regions, but can somebody give any reason why they think Lampasas wins? I've seen Carthage first hand. They definitely look the part, and they have size, speed, experience, and the best coach in the business, in my opinion. I just want to know what Lampasas has so I can compare. Can anybody help?
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Evidently they got a dude that can wing it and several dudes they can go get it. I have been told they are pretty fun to watch.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Has anyone come out with an explanation of why they're playing this so far south? ***?!?
    Maybe because its a really great stadium ?

(wish we were playing there....)

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    I must say I'm a little surprised by the poll. Is Lampasas really that good? I know it's really hard to compare different regions, but can somebody give any reason why they think Lampasas wins? I've seen Carthage first hand. They definitely look the part, and they have size, speed, experience, and the best coach in the business, in my opinion. I just want to know what Lampasas has so I can compare. Can anybody help?
    From what I've read - if I had to pick an upset in one of the games (Lampasas vs Carthage or Springtown vs LaVega) it would be Lampasas beating Carthage. Just because I've read Carthage offensively is as good as the past and the defense, as good as they are, has to carry them. I don't think Springtown (or anyone who is left for that matter) has a chance vs LaVega though.

Lampasas has a qb with 72 TDs and they bitch slapped liberty hill twice. That speaks for itself

Me thinks this is going to be a fun game to watch

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    From what I've read - if I had to pick an upset in one of the games (Lampasas vs Carthage or Springtown vs LaVega) it would be Lampasas beating Carthage. Just because I've read Carthage offensively is as good as the past and the defense, as good as they are, has to carry them. I don't think Springtown (or anyone who is left for that matter) has a chance vs LaVega though.
    People say that but Surratt hasn't had an excuse to let the playbook loose (cliche I know) but true. If they would have put Dixon in the backfield more against MH, they would have scored 3 more touchdowns easily. We also have a couple of other rb with speed also that I'd expect to get more touches. Our starter is a jack of all trades.

Now as far as picking an upset, IF one was to happen, it'd be this game b/c no way in hell Springtown beats Lavega.

I honestly think Lavega/Carthage is the best playoff rivalry and if they meet next week they will blow the roof off the place.

I said it before the season started that it would be La Vega against Carthage. I'm sticking with my original scenario. Hats off to Lampasas if they can pull off the upset. It would be HUGE for their program.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II