Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Wimberley

5 41.67%
  • Navarro

7 58.33%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Agree that was a cuck move, but I've said this before about Navarro -- it's going to be nearly impossible to win state running that offense these days. It'll work great in the regular season, but at some point, you're going to run into a team talented enough and disciplined enough to stop the run, and you're going to have to pass, and y'all have never won a big game throwing the ball. And the double whammy is that teams who run that offense tend to have trouble defending the pass because they can't practice against it, and that's a bigger deal now with so many top programs running the spread.

8 straight years with double-digit wins is something that just about anyone should be proud of, but I just think that offense puts a ceiling on the program unless you can diversify it like TPG.
    So what you’re saying is.... it’s hard to win after thanksgiving... very few teams can do it and it’s the same group normally that does...

Sounds familiar

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    So what you’re saying is.... it’s hard to win after thanksgiving... very few teams can do it and it’s the same group normally that does...

Sounds familiar
    Other than the very obvious "hard to win after thanksgiving," I actually said none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    Other than the very obvious "hard to win after thanksgiving," I actually said none of that.
    We both know what you meant. Wimberley is good enough to win in December consistently. Navarro isn’t and won’t be until they quit fooling around with the gimmick offense that only takes you so far

Same thing i said just in more words

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    We both know what you meant. Wimberley is good enough to win in December consistently. Navarro isn’t and won’t be until they quit fooling around with the gimmick offense that only takes you so far

Same thing i said just in more words
    Sounds like someone with ties to a team who’s been beaten by that gimmick offense often lol. Wimberley knows the slot-t can produce when ran with a mix of the pass. That’s why the series is tied between the school. Wimberley was the better team this year, but both teams were in the region finals. Where was your team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 10ForTheWin View Post
    Sounds like someone with ties to a team who’s been beaten by that gimmick offense often lol. Wimberley knows the slot-t can produce when ran with a mix of the pass. That’s why the series is tied between the school. Wimberley was the better team this year, but both teams were in the region finals. Where was your team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don’t think we’ve ever played Navarro... but to answer your question, Sitting at home because they’re just like the majority of teams, not good enough to get over the December hump

All-American

Congratulations to Wimberley on a very impressive win. I must agree with Saggy's point about the slot-t having difficulty winning against elite passing offenses that typically filter out in December. Most good teams have trouble defending the slot-t and a team that plays it like a Stradivarius such as Navarro will run away with the game before the third quarter. However, as we saw with Wimberley. when the defense plays solidly and jumps on the opponent quickly to give the offense that has a passing attack the ball early with good field position, well then you have a whole different ball game. Sort of like arm wrestling, if you let your opponent get the jump on you it's hard to come back over the top to get the win. Usually the slot-t team gets the jump on you but not last night. Great season Navarro. Nothing but respect for your program from me, it was just the Texan's day.

7:30 friday at Legacy stadium, Katy Texas

VS Silsbee

Go Texans!

First off, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Texans, in regards to the Txdl Weekly Pickem. Nahhhh!

Wonder how many fair weather fans will show up for the Silsbee game? lol Go Texans! Heck yeah!
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District

Looked like some old Nelms Wimberley days last night, out there. Not surprised of outcome. Score, kinda. Seen it being tighter. Get to see 3 more today, in the dome. Great weekend here in SA.

All-District

Might add. Not sure who stuck around for nightcap. Poor showing by Westlake fans. More fans at Nav/WT I bet. Say, 5k? Not bad for a 3:30 Friday KO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    First off, I would like to apologize on behalf of the Texans, in regards to the Txdl Weekly Pickem. Nahhhh!

Wonder how many fair weather fans will show up for the Silsbee game? lol Go Texans! Heck yeah!
    Saw y'all from the start, like also La Vernia in that scrimmage both look ready for season offensively. Missed getting to see you but did get to meet my friend at that scrimmage. BTW cool buses the Texans have saw them few weeks ago coming down IH37 heading to Mathis.

Looks like we are figuring things out on defense with some players back from injuries and some young kids stepping it up. The Cuero game (thanks Cuero) opened some eyes for sure and I think Rockport was a tremendous confidence builder, not to mention Raymondville and Poteet. Heck, nothing has been easy in the playoffs.

Yeah, the buses are pretty cool. Under chassis storage and all. New for this season. Equipment trailers to match.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    7:30 friday at Legacy stadium, Katy Texas

VS Silsbee

Go Texans!
    Silsbee wins
    I have forgotten as much as I have remembered, so where does that leave me?

not so fast