Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-American

Does Elynn Henderson still write sports for the newspaper or on the radio ? I knew him when we covered the Houston Texans together about 15 years ago

All-American

Yes. In fact, had you been at the Texans' game Sunday night, you'd have seen him in person.

http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/ful...atriots--28-22

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    I don't think the crowd is this big. Maybe we get a lot of bandwagon fans. They dang sure won't show up for the home games. They all spoiled!!!
    You're right. Our fans are spoiled, and we do get the bandwagon fans. I still think the stadium fills up because, believe it or not, there's still other schools' fans that like to watch football, especially playoff football. It's in Longview, very close to home, and Lobo fans, along with SH, PT, Tatum, UG, UH, WO, Harmony, and a host of other schools no longer in the playoffs will have some of their fans come. It happens every time we have a playoff game in East Texas, especially this late in the playoffs. I've seen a LOT of fans from other schools coming to playoff games. But, like I've said, it won't be anywhere near the 15K that was at that Gilmer / Gladewater game in 2014.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyandchrist View Post
    I always pull for the buckeyes except when they play my Dawgs.
    I just don’t know if Gilmer can score enough on that PG defense this deep into the playoffs. I do think the buckeye defense is good enough to make stops but beating PG is going to be a very high mountain to climb.
    Good luck Buckeyes.
    Hopefully the Dawgs new district mates.
    We scored 24 on them the first go round, and it should've been at least 31 had not one of our receivers literally drop the ball just before going into the endzone. We also had 3 other turnovers, several blown coverages, and penalties. We clean that up like we've done over the past several games and we can most definitely beat them, in my opinion. Just saying...

Mistakes will happen, and we don't have to play perfect. We just have to play better than PG Friday night.

Honestly, I think we will have to score at least 34 or 35 points to beat them. PG had a lot of trouble stopping us in the first meeting. We stopped ourselves as much as they did.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

In the first meeting, Gilmer rushed 27 times for only 72 yards (Bush carried 20 times for just 60 yards).

If the Bux still can't move the ball on the ground, I don't like our chances. Realistically, Gilmer is a 10-point underdog in this one.

All-American

https://twitter.com/KETK_MikeA/statu...58804169977857

The game plan may well be to try to run on Pleasant Grove.

I wish them good luck with that. It didn't work the first time, but then it really didn't seem to be the plan either in that first game.

Or it may have come down to Mike Tyson's famous quote: "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

All-American
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    In the first meeting, Gilmer rushed 27 times for only 72 yards (Bush carried 20 times for just 60 yards).

If the Bux still can't move the ball on the ground, I don't like our chances. Realistically, Gilmer is a 10-point underdog in this one.
    Yes, I remember. The focus for PG was to shut down the run game and force us to pass, mainly because our QB was prone to make mistakes. We did pass a lot..., 312 yards worth. What hurt us in our first matchup were the two interceptions Hurt threw, the fumble by Ray who just dropped the ball before crossing the goal line with nobody close enough to touch him, and about 3 completely blown coverages on defense. Those kinds of things can't happen in this meeting or that "10-point" underdog role will definitely stand, and it might get worse than that. Personally, I think if both teams play their best, it's less than a TD difference in favor of PG. From all the meetings with PG, I've noticed they always seem to have some trouble with teams that can actually execute pass plays regularly without making mistakes. Running on them won't be successful unless you are passing the ball effectively. Needless to say, we will have to pass the ball a lot this week. I'm being about as realistic as I can be. We don't have to have a "perfect" game to beat them. We just have to be better than PG Friday night. Easier said than done, I know.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

This is our best shot in the last 4 meetings. Gilmer has the confidence overflowing right now. We need to start strong and get a little momentum. A slow start will probably doom us.
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    This is our best shot in the last 4 meetings. Gilmer has the confidence overflowing right now. We need to start strong and get a little momentum. A slow start will probably doom us.
    Agree. We will have to take momentum early, and sustain it for the better portion of the game. We have to have the mistakes we made in our last meeting corrected. If we do these things we win. If not, it'll be tough for us to have any chance to win. We are definitely not nearly as far apart talent and experience wise as we were last season. We are still a young team, playing lots of juniors and sophomores.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

The next two seasons should put us back to what we expect. With a little luck Friday night we may end up a year ahead of schedule.
    the best kind???

We paid the 30 day pass so will be watching this one on my TV tomorrow. Good luck Buckeyes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

Thank you Fo Fo
    the best kind???

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I’ll pull for Gilmer. Just glad none of the obnoxious PG fans that are on the FNR app are on here.
    No kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    I’ll pull for Gilmer. Just glad none of the obnoxious PG fans that are on the FNR app are on here.
    Man, I just got back on that app today. Those PG fans are exactly as you say, obnoxious, and also vulgar. Of course, they are relatively new to winning, so I gave them a pass for a while. Now, there is absolutely no humility among the lot. You can show humility while being confident. I guess they haven't learned that yet, even after almost 3 seasons of winning. I would absolutely love for the Buckeyes to humble them tonight. That would make my Christmas.
    "Kaizen"

P.R.I.D.E.

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II