Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I hope Gilmer wins and upsets all of my predictions!

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Man, I just got back on that app today. Those PG fans are exactly as you say, obnoxious, and also vulgar. Of course, they are relatively new to winning, so I gave them a pass for a while. Now, there is absolutely no humility among the lot. You can show humility while being confident. I guess they haven't learned that yet, even after almost 3 seasons of winning. I would absolutely love for the Buckeyes to humble them tonight. That would make my Christmas.
    They were OBNOXIOUS last year - REVENGE is the best way to shut them up.... GATA Buckeyes!

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

All-American

Well we really stunk that up. PG is just a cut above. I don't think anyone in DII is staying close, much less beating them.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Well we really stunk that up. PG is just a cut above. I don't think anyone in DII is staying close, much less beating them.
    Yep!

All-American

The consolation in all this for me is that Pleasant Grove has never beaten Carthage and probably never will as long as Surratt is there.

So this will be the Hawks' second and final state championship in 4A Division II for a while.

Welp, I was about as wrong as I could be. I thought we turned the proverbial corner and were more mentally tough than we showed. How many of y'all believe there is a right way to win and a wrong way to win? I would absolutely LOVE to say somebody will beat PG, but....it doesn't look like that is going to happen this season. I do think their dominance ends after this season, although they will still have a good team. Man, I sure do miss the days where we had an almost unstoppable offense. We haven't had a very good defense this century, but we could count on being able to score enough on any team to stay in a game. We won't get back to our dominate winning ways under our current coaches, in my opinion. I've heard it mentioned many times that teams will take on the personality of the head coach. Well, Coach Turner is too nice.

BTW, I think you are right, Aesculus gilmus. I don't think it's "because" of Carthage dropping, although that definitely will make it more difficult. I just don't think they will have another Ben Harmon anytime soon.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

We had to play mistake free and have a little luck to get by them. Neither of those happened and everyone got to see the final result. It happens. We got nothing to hang out heads about. I firmly believe that the future is bright.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???