Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by arges View Post
    I feel that the bottom of 4A should be interesting. I think that the dividing number should be between 3A and 4A will be 520-530.

Possibly moving 3A-4A: Jarrell, Van Alstyne, Lago Vista, Orangefield, Bishop, Bowie, Gladewater, Diboll. Dalhart may escape dropping.

Possibly dropping 4A-3A: Lamesa, Mexia, Orange Grove, Poteet, Huntington, Tarkington, Lorena, Llano and possibly Fairfield.

Any thoughts about this subject?
    Solid list. I know Jarrell is growing rapidly. Not sure if they will go up this realignment or next. Not sure how quickly Lago is growing, but I know they are. Keep an eye on Little River Academy. They are right outside of the Temple/Belton area, which is also exploding. Cameron and Rockdale will be staying put in 3A DI unless the number drops.

Lorena was not really on the bubble last time sitting at 577, but this is not the first time I have seen their name mentioned. I know they had very few freshmen suited out.

All-District

Went with demographics on both Jarrell and Lago Vista. Know there are lots of new houses going up 2 both places like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Gilmer says Hello 3A DI
    Is that a legit possibility?

Buckeye P.R.I.D.E.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    Wonder when schools take attendance snapshot if they haven't already have-
    The snapshot is done in October. It probably has already been done and numbers should be in to UIL>

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Gontex View Post
    The snapshot is done in October. It probably has already been done and numbers should be in to UIL>
    Numbers are turned in this Friday October 25.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by poisoned10 View Post
    I suppose anything's possible, but the new high school is being built to house up to 800 students.

All-American

Word on the street down in the RGV is La Feria and Hidalgo are most likely moving up to 5A DII.

There’s a very good chance Progreso may be dropping to 3A if what I’ve been hearing is true, but Lyford might be moving up to 4A to replace them.

Now if Lyford doesn’t move up to 4A that leaves 3 RGV area 4AD2 teams so hello RGV / Coastal Bend combo district.

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    Word on the street down in the RGV is La Feria and Hidalgo are most likely moving up to 5A DII.

There’s a very good chance Progreso may be dropping to 3A if what I’ve been hearing is true, but Lyford might be moving up to 4A to replace them.

Now if Lyford doesn’t move up to 4A that leaves 3 RGV area 4AD2 teams so hello RGV / Coastal Bend combo district.
    Looks like for 2020 same teams in D15 D2 should remain D2 with maybe Bishop moving up D2. Could cause Robstown and Bishop being in D16 D2 or just Bishop if Progreso stays and Lyford moves up like Bishop.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Looks like for 2020 same teams in D15 D2 should remain D2 with maybe Bishop moving up D2. Could cause Robstown and Bishop being in D16 D2 or just Bishop if Progreso stays and Lyford moves up like Bishop.
    So I see 5 possible scenarios based on your info about D15 II and what info I have.

D16 - (Progreso drops to 3A, Lyford and Bishop move up to 4A) PI, RH, Ray, Lyford, Bishop

D16 - (Progreso remains 4A, Lyford and Bishop both move up to 4A) PI, Pro, RH, Ray, Lyford

D16 - (Progreso remains 4A, Lyford and Bishop remain 3A) PI, Pro, RH, Ray, Robstown

D16 - (Progreso drops to 3A, Lyford remains 3A, Bishop moves up to 4A) PI, RH, Ray, Bishop, Robstown

D16 - (Progreso drops 3A, Lyford up to 4A Bishop stays 3A) PI, RH, Ray, Lyford, Robstown

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Gontex View Post
    Snapshot day is Friday.
    Texas Forever.

All-American

That what I posted earlier in the thread (Friday)

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post

La Feria & Hidalgo aren't going anywhere. Their respective administrations will see to that.

Progreso has been losing kids to IDEA schools in Weslaco. 3A for the Red Ants is a definite possibility

Lyford was rumored to go up to 4A at the last realignment. Didn't happen. I don't see it happening this time either

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Butter View Post
    La Feria & Hidalgo aren't going anywhere. Their respective administrations will see to that.

Progreso has been losing kids to IDEA schools in Weslaco. 3A for the Red Ants is a definite possibility

Lyford was rumored to go up to 4A at the last realignment. Didn't happen. I don't see it happening this time either
    I heard the same thing about Lyford last time. But Lyford is NOTORIOUS for shaving their numbers to stay just below the cutoff. They’ve done it for years! There’s always about 25-30 kids “missing” on Snapshot day and they’ve been anywhere between 10-30 below the cutoff every time.

If what I’ve been told is accurate, Lyford has just a few over 500 kids which would clearly put them in 4A. But I would bet my bottom dollar they turn in a number below 500 to the UIL.

And yes, Progreso is losing kids to IDEA Weslaco schools so I expect the Red Ants to drop to 3A. I’d be surprised if they didn’t.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by poisoned10 View Post
    Probably not
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by arges View Post
    Went with demographics on both Jarrell and Lago Vista. Know there are lots of new houses going up 2 both places like crazy.
    From what I'm hearing, Lorena will more than likely be moving down. Jarrell is going to be the ultimate bubble team, probably in the low 520 area. Lago Vista will be staying down as they are below 500. Academy is in the same boat, but will more than likely go up next alignment.