View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Grange

5 100.00%
  • Smithville

0 0%
    All-American

Default Week 9: La Grange (6-1, 2-0) @ Smithville (4-3, 1-1)

Big rivalry game with the Leps coming out on top

All-American

All-American

By all accounts the Leopards should win this game, However, if they continue to play undisciplined football like they did last week against Caldwell where they committed several unsportsmanlike and personal foul penalties that cost them 3 tds they will lose this game.
    Caldwell had as many or more penalties and it was clear the refs were trying to keep control of the game with so much smack talking and shenanigans going on in the piles. The Leps must of had 50 yards of illegal procedure calls and offsides calls in that game and it was game 7! I don't know what the problem was last Friday but I have never seen a Leopard game so thoroughly fraught with senseless penalties and miscues in the 20 years I have been a fan (and probably have only missed 5 or 6 games in that time span). Coach Kates I'm sure had plenty to say last Saturday morning during film. This is a very talented group of young men but they need to focus or they will end up in third place in district and one and done again this year instead of achieving their goals.

OK now that my rant is over I think Leps win this in a high scoring shoot out by 14. 42-28 or so.

All-American

What's the word on the Tigers new stadium? Texas Bob has it at 5000 capacity. It sure must be a real step up from the old gravel pit for sure.

All-American

Boy howdy I had this game all wrong. Cold and windy it was defensive battle 7-7 at the half. The leps finally take the lead after a fumble recovery and 50 yard drive on the Tiger opening KO possession starting the 3rd Qtr to go up 14-7. Late in the 4th the Tigers block our punt on their 15 and score but we block the PAT to keep a slim 14-13 lead. An onsides Kick fails and the Leps end up 4th and 9 at the Tiger 49. Leps run a fake punt for 12 yards up the middle with 1:43 left on the clock and with no Tiger TOs take the Victory formation for the win. Whew! The Smithville Tigers played a great game and their new stadium and HS is really fantastic. Good luck the rest of the way Tigers.