All-American

Default Biggest disappointments: China Spring and Liberty Hill?

China Spring looked like real contenders after week two. Since then, this team has cratered with a lot of team turmoil and infighting. Injuries have not helped but the locker room is a mess. They will more than likely end the regular season 3-7 with a quick playoff exit to Kennedale.

Again, Liberty Hill started off very strong but has since done the same as China Spring. I doubt they are having the kind of off the field issues but something has happened. They too look very likely to finish 4th in that district and face an on fire Needville team.

Pretty surprising.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bosqueville View Post
    China Spring looked like real contenders after week two. Since then, this team has cratered with a lot of team turmoil and infighting. Injuries have not helped but the locker room is a mess. They will more than likely end the regular season 3-7 with a quick playoff exit to Kennedale.

Again, Liberty Hill started off very strong but has since done the same as China Spring. I doubt they are having the kind of off the field issues but something has happened. They too look very likely to finish 4th in that district and face an on fire Needville team.

Pretty surprising.
    Don't feel qualified to comment on CS but I'm not surprised that LH IS down. I will be surprised big time if they finish fourth in that district though. Cuero is another that seems to have fallen further than I would have expected.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

Cuero would like a word with you

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Cuero came to Gonzales and gave the Apaches all they wanted. That is always a grudge match though.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    A&M is not going 10-2. How about them?

All-American

Biggest shocker by far is Cuero, not even I saw this coming. I mean sure, I had a feeling there would be a drop off with Whittington graduating, but yikes not this much.....

As for disappointment, I'd put Port Isabel on that list. Currently 2-4, riddled with injuries. Despite that, 3 of those 4 losses could very easily be wins (missed game winning FG Week 1, game winning TD called back Week 3, missed game tying PAT Week 6) and we'd be looking at a 5-1 Port Isabel Tarpons team.