Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Sometimes I think Gilmer has more "T-shirt fans" in distant locations than we have left here in Upshur County.

On a positive note, maybe this means the cramped visitors' side at PG won't be as cramped. I can tell PG really doesn't want all that many visitors to attend.
    How many 4A teams would build a brand new and fancy stadium that seats only 3500 fans... It's 4A! That would be crowded if you're a .500 team. We could fit a lot more fans than that on our home side alone. Too bad it's gotten to where it's half empty now, but you get the gist. If we start fielding state championship caliber teams again (and I'm not saying we are not this season), I'm pretty sure we can fill up our stadium. If we were to get some of the rich alumni to spearhead an effort for a jumbotron, we would have more teams wanting to use our stadium for playoff games, too. We're pretty centrally located for most of the 3A and down playoff teams in our area.

Oh, and you're probably right about us not filling up their visitor side. It's Yamboree week, not that that would make a huge difference.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

Don't even get me started on home game attendance. People should be ashamed.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Don't even get me started on home game attendance. People should be ashamed.
    I agree with you. It is a shame. And to think that at one time we were a real football town. The Buckeyes brought people out of the woodwork when Jeff was here. It was like one big reunion.
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American

I think Gilmer puts a full 4 quarters together of great football and pulls out the win. It is time.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    I think Gilmer puts a full 4 quarters together of great football and pulls out the win. It is time.
    I like the way you think.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

All-District

I always pull for Gilmer except when they play my Dawgs or Tatum.
    This year Gilmer is 10 times better than last year.
    The Buckeyes D line gave the best O line in 4A fits for two and a half quarters.
    At first I thought the Dawgs were just over looking Gilmer but it turns out Gilmer is a lot better than anybody thought.
    I believe PG will win this game by 10 to 14 points because of the PG D line and number 6 their linebacker is back 100 percent. He may be their best player.
    Carthage beat PG because the O line wore the PG defense down and in the fourth quarter, took over the game.
    Gilmer will be in the game all the way to the fourth quarter.
    The Hawk running game is relentless, can Gilmer have enough gas in the tank to go four full quarters with PG.
    I do believe these two teams will play again in round four.