Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
Sometimes I think Gilmer has more "T-shirt fans" in distant locations than we have left here in Upshur County.

On a positive note, maybe this means the cramped visitors' side at PG won't be as cramped. I can tell PG really doesn't want all that many visitors to attend.
How many 4A teams would build a brand new and fancy stadium that seats only 3500 fans... It's 4A! That would be crowded if you're a .500 team. We could fit a lot more fans than that on our home side alone. Too bad it's gotten to where it's half empty now, but you get the gist. If we start fielding state championship caliber teams again (and I'm not saying we are not this season), I'm pretty sure we can fill up our stadium. If we were to get some of the rich alumni to spearhead an effort for a jumbotron, we would have more teams wanting to use our stadium for playoff games, too. We're pretty centrally located for most of the 3A and down playoff teams in our area.

Oh, and you're probably right about us not filling up their visitor side. It's Yamboree week, not that that would make a huge difference.