View Poll Results: Who Wins?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cuero

5 38.46%
  • Llano

8 61.54%
    All-American

Default Week 8: Cuero (1-5, 0-1) @ Llano (4-2, 0-1)

Will the Gobblers win?

Webcast

https://gobblersports.com/

All-American

Seriously....what's up with Cuero this season?

All-District

Same goes with Yoakum, Liberty Hill and possibly La Vernia. Never have so many fallen @ one time in this part of the country.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by arges View Post
    Same goes with Yoakum, Liberty Hill and possibly La Vernia. Never have so many fallen @ one time in this part of the country.
    Four teams that have given Gonzales fits in the past. Apaches have beaten both Cuero and Yoakum thus far. Have LaVernia coming up next week but this week we are taking on an undefeated Beeville Jones team in Beeville. This will be a battle between two teams that are fighting for the lead in District 15-4A DI.

Quote Originally Posted by Gontex View Post
    Four teams that have given Gonzales fits in the past. Apaches have beaten both Cuero and Yoakum thus far. Have LaVernia coming up next week but this week we are taking on an undefeated Beeville Jones team in Beeville. This will be a battle between two teams that are fighting for the lead in District 15-4A DI.
    For 3 qtrs Sinton had control of their game against Beeville up 20-7 going to 4th qtr. Good drive and some momentum plays they take the lead on trick play with less than 2 minutes and recover a fumble on kickoff to run off 27 points in 4th qtr. Qb Seth Gomez is the key stop him from running with the ball on drop backs. He will throw deep.

This is a must win for Cuero to be in the mix for a playoff spot.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by arges View Post
    Honestly, I never thought I'd see the day Cuero having only 1 win so far going into Week 8, especially after a State Championship run the previous season.

I mean, I had a feeling there would be a drop off with Whittington graduating but DAMN not this much of a drop off!

All-District

Don't really know. llano was not impressive at all last week with just 32 yds offense and 2 first downs in the first half. Still waiting for Cuero to do something.

I feel for the Gobblers. We had a very similar 2018. No fun at all. Too much pride, tradition and athletes to stay down very long.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-District

Does anyone know Gonzales' overall record against Beeville? I know Gonzales had Beeville's number for most of the 60's, except maybe 68 & 69. Gonzales lost the zone title in 69 to Beeville Jones when I was in high school.

All-District

I actually found that info on another board. Gonzales leads Beeville 8-3 with another loss in 66.

All-District

Sorry I posted the previous 2 entries on the wrong post, should have been on Gonzales-Beeville post. BTW Cuero was in the mix for most of the 60's.